Pipex revamps product line
Wednesday 31 October 2007 07:58:07 by Andrew Ferguson

Pipex has re-aligned its consumer product range removing its 'unlimited' package and adjusting the price and inclusive usage allowance on the other products.

Mini Midi Max Pro
Broadband only - £14.99 £19.99 £39.99
Broadband + HomeCall £9.99 £14.99 £19.99 £39.99
Broadband + AnyTime £14.99 £19.99 £24.99 £44.99
Usage Allowance 2GB 10GB 30GB 100GB

Top-ups are available if you need to go over the inclusive allowance at a price of £3 for each 3GB chunk. Mini and Midi include a basic SpeedTouch 510 modem, Max and Pro comes with a SpeedTouch 585 wireless modem (the 585 is available as a £20 option on Mini and Midi). Minimum contract length is twelve months and connection is £20.

A thirty day guarantee is supplied whereby you can cancel up to and including 30 days from the start of the broadband service and you'll get a refund of the connection fee and 1st months service. Obviously any telephone calls made in the period that were chargeable will still be billed.

The packages people are currently signed up to will continue to be delivered to them, but as is common within the industry if you regrade to another package at a later date as an existing customer, the new pricing, usage allowances and possibly a new contract will apply.

With Pipex now part of the Tiscali group it needs to position itself in a corner of the market that means it is not just competing with other providers in the Tiscali group. A group with multiple brands, if clever, can pitch themselves at the various sectors of the market, whether pro-sumers will find £39.99 too much to pay for 100GB is difficult to say.

Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
Pipex/Tiscali + 100Gb per month service for £39.99 = LMFAO
I wonder even though they have finally said in figures what they deem is acceptable monthly if they will still throttle P2P along with their over excited traffic managing system still making youtube look like stop motion video whilst also crippling stuff like Ventrilo?? Well worth the 40 quid LMFAO
Posted by doowles over 9 years ago
Its not difficult to say, 100gb a month is nothing for the p2p downloader. I had a bigger allowance than that 3 years ago on pipex until they got taken over.

What a rubbish price point.
Posted by chrysalis over 9 years ago
Not sure who they aiming for with 100gig for 39.99 but anyone who needs 100gig of traffic has much better and cheaper options available to them.
Posted by keith_thfc over 9 years ago
"Pipex/Tiscali + 100Gb per month service for £39.99 = LMFAO"

My bet is that it will still be traffic shaped, even at that price point.
Posted by sotired over 9 years ago
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
quote"Pipex 100GB traffic managed vs 450GB unmanaged from Entanet for the same price... Hmm tough choice... (!)"

LOL yeah i imagine even the worlds most stupid chimp would only consider it for about 2 seconds.
Posted by evilbond over 9 years ago
the word pipex alone gives me the creeps, add on tiscali and you have a nice recipe for destruction!
Posted by dopamine2 over 9 years ago
With the terrible throttling I experience with Pipex, even if I needed 100GB a month - which I don't - it would take me longer than a month to download it!
Posted by DeusNK over 9 years ago
Pipex do throttling??? omg no, no wonder I get 20k downloads and not 600k as promised.
I cant wait for my contract to end in December. Cya Pipex.