Broadband News

£150 and £175 BT Reward Cards on BT Infinity for new customers

Running until the 22nd February BT Broadband has a range of BT Reward Cards of £80 on its ADSL2+ service, £150 on Infinity 1 and £175 on Infinity 2 services for new customers signing up to an 18 month contract.

• Unlimited BT Broadband, £24.99/m during 18 month contract, £19.99 setup fee, £80 BT Reward Card
  • Unlimited BT Infinity 1 up to 52 Mbps (FTTC/FTTP) £29.99/m during 18 month contract, £9.99 setup fee, £150 BT Reward Card
  • Unlimited BT Infinity 2 up to 76 Mbps (FTTC/FTTP) £39.99/m during 18 month contract, £9.99 setup free, £175 BT Reward Card

The BT Reward Card needs to be claimed once your service is line and is delivered in the form of a PrePaid MasterCard. The Reward Cards also apply to the BT TV packages.

The Infinity services also currently have the option to add BT Sports channels for free during the 18 month contract, if you keep the sports channels beyond the minimum term it will cost £7 per month at current prices.

BT Infinity may not be the cheapest FTTC service, but for those in FTTP areas with limited provider choice the increased voucher value is very welcome, and even in FTTC areas a lump sum in the form of a PrePaid MasterCard, if you spread that out over the 18 month period you get an equivalent price of £21.65/m. The key to maintaining the value for money element is at the end of the 18 month period to switch provider and make the most of the competitive retail market. If you did nothing at the end of the minimum term and lapse into the out of contract pricing BT Infinity 1 is £41.99/m but retention deals that are less but still not as good as the new customer offers can be struck.

Comments

I've just been looking for the £39.99 infinity 2 plan but it seems to be priced at 44.99?

• TTTJJJ
  • 4 months ago

BT is still over priced even with their offers, sure the Reward cards may bring it down to other provider prices.
I am with plusnet and yet I see no difference in the service provided by plusnet than BT, What would the extra money paid to BT get me?
Customer service with BT is still awful, while Plusnet is not as good as they used to be, they are still better than BT, strange as BT owns plusnet.

Now my broadband is working ok, I get a far better speed on Plusnet than my next door neighbours does using BT and yet they pay a lot more than me.

I will stick with what I have got.

• zyborg47
  • 4 months ago

Follow the link in the article, Unlimited Infinity 2 £39.99 ending in 9hr 2m 48s at the time of posting.

If you do things like go direct to providers sites rather than via listing/offer links it is possible you may get different pricing, often higher

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 4 months ago

zyborg47. Each to his own. I've found BT customer service good. Equally I don't think what you pay determines what speed you get. That surely depends on a number of factors including your set up in your house, your router etc etc

I was with Plusnet for many years. Again, I had good service. In the area in which I now live they are expensive compared to others, inc BT

• 961a
  • 4 months ago

@andrew, I am still in contract, but then you get a good deal for 18 months and then have to muck around with getting another deal or move providers.

@961a, I have had a few cross swords with BT over the years, some from when I was with them and some when talking to them on behalf of other people, and of all those calls I got directed to someone in some other country who read a script and will not move one little bit from that script.
While i presume Plusnet also have also got a script, at least they are a bit more flexible and I can understand what they are saying, mostly :)

• zyborg47

@zyborg47

Plusnet is £25 per month and BT is £30 but offers a larger cashback so is actually cheaper.

Also consider the higher speed (55 vs 40) and better router offering and I’d be going with BT over plusnet.

The 80Mbps options probably favours plusnet as the price difference there is £8 rather than £5 and there’s minimal extra voucher for the higher priced product.

• Kr1s69
  • 4 months ago

@Kr1s69, but all these prices are for the first 18 months, after that you are back to normal, I am already on plusnet.

As for higher speed, that is fine if you can get the higher speed a lot of people can't because of BT hybrid system running on antique cables.

• zyborg47
  • 4 months ago

Forgot to say that the router plusnet provided me with is far better than what BT provide, but then it is not the normal Plusnet router.

the normal plusnet router is a BT hub, maybe a lower model and with different software. In fact it is better as it don't have the idiotic Smart Setup, whicc is so annoying or the BT fon rubbish.

• zyborg47
  • 4 months ago

Just signed up to the top BB tier BT offer in my area (80/20) and the guy over the phone says the prepaid card is online only...

Didn't sign up specifically because of the prepaid card but still. Just letting people know if they want the £170 it's online only.

• Purplemonkeyspa
  • 4 months ago

"£29.99/m during 18 month contract".

This makes it sound like the price is fixed for the contract period, which of course it sin't and may (will) go up during the contract period. Just saying not everyone reads the small print so worth pointing out to those who don't want the hassle.

• joe_pineapples

*isn't

• joe_pineapples
  • 4 months ago

Bombay Telecom will pull any stunt to get you on board . They are as honourable as " time share salesman" . Save your time and energy . I moved from BT that delivered a service all over the place to a rock steady , non traffic managed , non throttled broadband service that was miles better. Cut my bill from £39.99 to £24.00 and got a router that doesn't have a nervous breakdown if it has to service more than 5 devices. Answer ? Vodafone ....They also insist on locking me in on the lowest cost 76mbps speed for 18months ...... oh dear how sad never mind ..

• Marlon88
  • 4 months ago

@Marlon88, I thought about Vodafone once, but their router is not great and too much hassle to use your own.
I did say to my brother about going for it as it is cheap and will do what he needs. He is with EE at the moment on their ADSL package and he is saying about getting rid of the landline and using a mobile dongle. But I think he would be better off going for Vodafone broadband as it will not cost much more than paying for mobile broadband.

I used to be with Vodafone for mobile phone and found their customer service as bad as BT.

• zyborg47
  • 4 months ago

I was a BT customer for over 40 years with two of those years as a fibre BB customer. Customer service was atrocious with so many mistakes on the complicated bill - being charged £1.75 every month for caller-display although it should have been free. No amount of calls to 'customer service' stopped it and I ended up at Libby Barr's dept. after nearly one year and finally spoke to a very nice lady who fixed the issue.
NEVER AGAIN will I be a customer of BT ...whatever the offer!
I've been with Vodafone for 5 months and it all works ok with no problems so I've no idea what customer service is like.

• zhango

*SCAM*SCAM*SCAM*

I ordered Unlimited BT Infinity 1 up to 52 Mbps with £150 BT Reward Card.
I checked my bt account time to time. When was the last 1 day available to claim reward card. I claimed and then received text be 'Thanks for claim your £50 reward card' - I chat with BT online and they says no problem I will get my £150 card by post.
Received only £100. Chat with Bt online again and they says only reward card for £100.

Read BT forum first to order/contract with them. So many peoples complained about that. Thats big scam, just inviting peoples to join.

• Christy85