Broadband News

Creditors throw Tiscali a line

After the news of the suspension of trading in shares in Tiscali on Monday, it would seem that an agreement has been reached that will allow Tiscali some room to breathe.

The Times is reporting that various creditors led by JPMorgan have agreed to suspend interest repayments of some £10.1 million and will help to restructure loan repayments.

Comments

boo hiss

• boggits
  • over 8 years ago

Haha evil boggits. Were you hoping to get yourself a Tiscali in for the weekend?

• Dixinormous
  • over 8 years ago

Anyone with them just run now while you still can.

The sooner this horrid company is never mentioned again the better

• CARPETBURN
  • over 8 years ago

Jeez, and to to think I was jumping ship from BT to this....
Out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak.
TalkTalk looks ever promising if I want a bundled deal!

• lindysman1
  • over 8 years ago

^After finding this site I still can't believe people still want to go with the mainstream ISP's still.

• otester
  • over 8 years ago

Some people don't know any different otester....
Me included!

• lindysman1
  • over 8 years ago

Carpetburn, what have they done to upset you?
Mind you, I don't like them either but that's personal, rather than technical!

• wlchubb
  • over 8 years ago

If Tiscali knew how to listen to it's customers it would not be in this mess. When profits over-ride customer service it is the failings of a business. Joe public is not stupid.

• edwardmac
  • over 8 years ago

I have been with Tiscali for several years and had no problems,have my phone line rental all my calls are free and my broadband,all for £19.99 month,who can beat this?
I think there are just the minority,like the one putting comments on this page that don't like Tiscali,there are 1000's that do like Tiscali.

• trevoru
  • over 8 years ago

I agree edwardmac. Tiscali took over Pipex Homecall. I was getting 1.4 MB, which dropped to 330kbps with Tiscali. They blamed everything on my router, PC, phone line etc...but it couldn't be them could it? I mean, nothing had changed my end, and the phone line was the same. Then suddenly I had no BB at all. It seems their equipment at the local exchange got switched off by BT during
routine work maintenance. It took 3 days for Tiscali to get it back on line. I was told I should get 1.9MB after the work was finished. Nope. Just 330kbps again. I switched to talktalk and 1.6MB.

• dragon1945
  • over 8 years ago

I have been using Tiscali Broadband for about 14 months, and once the initial problems were sorted have had no difficulties. They also provide my telephone line rental at a lower cost than B.T. I just wish that they gave free calls at evenings as well as on weekends.

• Stebar
  • over 8 years ago

I must be very naive, but I have no problem with Tiscali. I get free calls 24/7 including to my family in the US, my broadband runs at over 6 mb and all for less than 20 quid. I did have a billing problem some time since and got a free month for the inconvenience. Where should I go do you think?

• Finney144
  • over 8 years ago

I went with Pipex (now Tiscali) over 2 years ago. Only had one problem - Tiscali allocated my phone number, which I'd had for over 17 years, to someone else!) At £20 for up to 8mb (I get 4 mb) and 24/7 free 01 and 02 calls (plus cheap international) I really hope they don't go under - because I don't think there's a better deal out there.

• Chrisandrea
  • over 8 years ago

I have been with Tiscali since August 2006. I never had serious problem with them (few drop in broadband access, but they were reported on their website as maintenance).
For 20£ a month I have phone line rental, free national and international calls, up to 8Mb/s DSL (I have currently between 3.5 and 6Mb/s).

• rvboutin
  • over 8 years ago

I have also been with Tiscali since March 2006, but something has gone completely wrong with them over the past few days, I used to get a download speed of approx 6.5mb most of the time but now I am getting less than 0.5kbps
Speed Test Results
Date 16/03/09 18:40:08
Speed Down 94.45 Kbps ( 0.1 Mbps )

In fact this has never happened before all the time I have been with Tiscali until now

• benny17
  • over 8 years ago

With Freedom to Surf, a Tiscali company. Get 13.3Mb/s, low contention, unlimited downloads, for £17. Never had any problems.

• Ric14
  • over 8 years ago

Well Ric14, I have been with Freedom 2 Surf since 2004 and then it was brilliant. Now the support line is only available from Mon to Fri 8am to 7pm, on a premium rate number, with at least a 15min wait. The mail server keeps going down, and the speed is rubbish after 3pm.
I'm off to O2 unless anyone thinks that's a really bad idea...

• john080347
  • over 8 years ago

quote"I'm off to O2 unless anyone thinks that's a really bad idea... "

Sounds like a good idea to me and the latest news story on here about providers and how people marked them would appear they are lightyears ahead of F2S and any other Tiscali based provider.

• CARPETBURN
  • over 8 years ago

Like a number of subscribers I have been with Tiscali for several years and had no problems,have my phone line rental all my calls are free and my broadband,all for £19.99 month,no other provider can come near to it. It's probably too good maybe thats the problem
I think those that don't like Tiscali aren't subscribing to their best deal

• paulelmer
  • over 8 years ago

TalkTalk beats it for Phone line, Free Calls UK and abroad, + Broadband, £16.99, Paul....

• lindysman1
  • over 8 years ago

Looks like a lot of Tiscali employees are responding to this thread...lol

• xpire
  • over 8 years ago

quote"Looks like a lot of Tiscali employees are responding to this thread...lol"

ROFLOL Maybe they still think if they defend em enough they will keep their job LOL

If that doesnt work though they can always go back to tradition and unbundle your line without telling you LOL

• CARPETBURN