The UK's largest independent broadband news and information site
This list is reviewed periodically to ensure the links are correct, but if there is a new fixed wireless provider covering an area do get in touch with us to get the service added to the list.
Fixed wireless broadband - what is it?
Fixed wireless in this content constitutes any wireless service where the service is delivered via a mast in a fixed location and a fixed point in a property. This means it will cover a wide range of services, from operators providing Wi-Fi extension services, through to full fixed wireless providers who will have numerous masts covering an area.
Many areas of the UK have broadband vouchers that will cover the initial set-up costs and hardware as part of the Universal Service Commitment to ensure those who are getting under 2 Mbps from fixed line broadband can get a functional Internet connection.
Fixed Wireless Providers Across the UK
- Air-Band, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire.
- County Broadband, covering Braintree, Sudbury, Halstead, Dunmow and other areas of East Anglia
- Countryside|Broadband, 802.11a wireless in South Oxfordshire, covering Woodcote, Wyfold, Rotherfield Peppard, Moulsford and Cholsey.
- Cotswold Wireless, Covering an area of around 100km, to the North of Swindon, offering wireless and full fibre to the premises options.
- dfcommunications, Newburgh in Aberdeenshire and more areas soon.
- FibreWiFi, symmetric wireless at 12.5 Mbps and 25 Mbps across Essex plus parts of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
- Kijoma Solutions, services covering parts of Sussex
- Nottinghamshire, Superfast Wireless broadband starting at £16.99 per month.
- Village Networks, wireless broadband in Aylesbury Vale area
- w3z, wireless broadband in Derbyshire
- Wessex Internet, covering parts of Dorset and Wiltshire
- West Country Broadband Ltd, South West, South Coast and South Wales
- Wireless Edge Communications