192,905 Openreach full fibre premises found in last month
Our tracking of the Openreach FTTP roll-out has a footprint of 4,027,691 premises as of 12th April 2021 and with 192,905 premises added since 12th March this is the busiest month since we started tracking the roll-outs almost ten years ago.
The build rate works out 43,559 premises each week. The previous highest monthly total was back on 12th February when we had found 178,620 premises in the previous month so it is clear that Openreach has upped the pace of its building.
Openreach announced a footprint of 4.5 million premises back on 25th March, so we still have half a million premises to found, some of these may actually be new build homes that are yet to be released to the market. The bulk is going to be urban Fibre First properties and possibly some new Fibre First exchanges that have not appeared on our radar as yet. Another factor in the lag is that we believe the Openreach figures include premises passed but awaiting final commissioning checks before the public can order.
- 565,957 premises via BDUK/gap funded or other rural intervention, increase of 4,218
- 2,068,757 premises in Fibre First areas, increase of 81,749
- 381,372 premises in Fibre Town/Village areas, increase of 32,404
- 510,771 premises in new build properties constructed in 2016 and later, increase of 25,499
- 83,271 premises in properties constructed between 2006 and 2015, increase of 3,966
- 128,081 premises in properties constructed between 1996 and 2005, increase of 9,209
- 289,482 premises via commercial/old roll-out, increase of 25,499
March was a busy month in terms of added new build premises for Jan 2021, Nov and Dec 2021 to our systems and while not all new properties are delivered with FTTP by default the vast majority are.
With Openreach hitting its 4.5 million milestone which we should verify in the next 3 months there is no other figure to track towards other than their long term goal of 20 million premises passed by the mid to late 2020's.