171,090 full fibre premises passed added to Openreach footprint in last month
Another month has passed and therefore time to update on where Openreach appears to be building its FTTP footprint.
It was a busy month for FTTP at 171,090 premises added, second only to August 2020 when we added 178,030 premises. It is also only 8 days since we hit the 3 million mark (3,001,154 premises) and those eight days has seen 49,566 premises added to the total.
- 523,859 premises via BDUK/gap funded or other rural intervention, increase of 4,189
- 1,653,390 premises in Fibre First areas, increase of 81,407
- 198,593 premises in Fibre Town/Village areas, increase of 37,333
- 431,180 premises in new build properties constructed in 2016 and later, increase of 16,010
- 43,880 premises in properties constructed between 2006 and 2015, increase of 4,715
- 62,426 premises in properties constructed between 1996 and 2005, increase of 9,927
- 137,392 premises via commercial/old roll-out, increase of 16,010
The change in the commercial/old roll-out figure is higher this month because we have not integrated the latest Northern Ireland towns and villages list into the appropriate category yet. We ran out of time for this months figures.
The observant will notice that the change in the Fibre First programme was a good few thousand lower this month and that is a factor of where we are in the cycle of checking for new bits of FTTP coverage.
For those complaining the footprint is still tiny, yes the Openreach FTTP footprint may only represent 10% of UK premises, but it is a case that things are improving at a considerable pace. Just 12 months ago we recorded the footprint as 1,604,178 premises passed and had added 110,247 premises in the same 4 weeks.