132,410 premises with Openreach FTTP option found in last month
Still no sign of a slow down in the Openreach full fibre roll-out due to the pandemic, in fact things seem to be speeding up. This month has a very high total of 132,410 premises found since 12th May 2020. The big jump of an extra 36,000 compared to the previous month is either due to us doing better at catching up to the 2,575,000 Openreach declared in the last batch of financial results or Openreach is continuing to ramp up the amount being built. We believe reality is a mixture of those two things, i.e. we are spending more time on the hunt for FTTP and Openreach is building faster.
The numbers when we split them out into the five categories we track for Openreach FTTP are:
- 536,789 premises via BDUK/gap funded or other rural intervention an increase of 21,038 premises
- 1,244,524 premises in Fibre First areas an increase of 63,110 premises
- 66,263 premises in Fibre Village/Market Town areas an increase of 3,703 premises
- 380,467 premises via New Build since January 2016 an increase of 10,525 premises
- 173,238 premises via commercial/old roll-out an increase of 34,124 premises
The total number of premises where Openreach FTTP is available in our system stands at 2,401,281 premises. The roll-out pace works out at 4,271 premises every day or 29,899 premises per week.
The jump in the commercial/old roll-out figure of 34,124 extra premises is largely down to roll-outs in older new build prior to 2016, i.e. the Openreach programme of revisiting estates with recent well ducting continues.