Plusnet may be slower than usual on Wednesday 22nd April
We may only be part way through the day and while prior to the pandemic we would have waited a few more hours, our analysis of the daily speed tests has alerted us that Plusnet download speeds are a lot slower than the average for the last 30 days.
- Median download speed until 3pm on 22nd April 2020 for Plusnet was 16.70 Mbps
- Average for the last 30 days is 23.55 Mbps
- Standard deviation is 2.34, so todays average is lower than the 18.88 Mbps that is 2 standard deviations
- Median upload speed is 4.5 Mbps for 22nd April which compares well with the 4.8 Mbps average from March
- Latency looks relatively normal and while the quality score matches the average from March.
We will add further updates as the day progresses. The other major providers look to be performing normally, though EE is slightly down but not enough to create an alarm.
Update 4:20pm With another hour of speed tests the median download speed has improved slightly to 17.3 Mbps and the upload is 4.6 Mbps. So still outside the range of what we consider normal.
Update 5:25pm More improvements download now 18.2 Mbps and upload is 4.7 Mbps.
Update 7pm The figures for tests to 6pm have improved further at 18.7 Mbps download and 4.7 Mbps upload and are. So still alerting but better than earlier today. The 18.7 Mbps is still the lowest median download speed seen in the last 90 days.
Update 11:30pm Everything has returned to the normal state of play with a median download of 21.2 Mbps and upload of 4.9 Mbps.