New low price point for unlimited fibre from BT
The price war and pressures to offer simpler and more straightforward products continues and BT Consumer has launched its Fibre Essential service at £26.99 per month.
- 18 month contract
- £26.99/m for 18 months, then £37.99/m if you stay on the out of contract pricing
- £9.99 upfront cost
- BT Home Hub 5
- Access to BT Wi-Fi hotspots
- Telephone line rental included
- No inclusive calls
- Average download speeds of 36 Mbps
- Based on 40/10 FTTC or FTTP service
The low price point is not as low as some competitors but it does offer a cheap upgrade path for those on ADSL or ADSL2+ without all the complications of claiming reward cards and free gifts.
There is still a rise in the price at the end of the fixed term contract, but as many have found offers will appear that mean if you are willing to contract for another term you will get something lower than the standard price.