Broadband News

Just £27.50 for up to 76 Mbps broadband service from TalkTalk

TalkTalk is making the bold claim that Black Friday has come early at the provider with up to 25% off broadband packages. It should be highlighted that the 25% figure is the saving compared to the standard out of contract pricing, but the new offers are still £1 to £4 less than previous offers.

• Fast Broadband (ADSL2+) up to 17 Mbps £18.95/m on a 12 month contract with no setup fee, standard price £27/m
  • Faster Fibre Broadband (FTTC) up to 38 Mbps down (up to 9.5 Mbps upload), £25/m on an 18 month contract with no setup fee, standard price £33.50/m.
  • Fibre Large Broadband (FTTC) up to 76 Mbps down (up to 19 Mbps upload), £27.50/m on an 18 month contract with no setup fee

These price offers run until 2nd November 2017 and include the standard TalkTalk price guarantee of no price rises during the minimum term and existing customers can usually if they take on the extra contract term can usually switch to the new deals if they wish.

The reduced prices do trickle down to the TV bundles, so TV Plus (full PVR and Sky One) with the up to 38 Mbps service is £30/m for 18 months with a £25 fee to pay for the TV box.

Comments

Nah, I do not think so.

• zyborg47
  • 29 days ago

Been using their 76mb service since January - can't fault it. Like others though, don't use the provided router.

• jroadley
  • 29 days ago

Great deal. I was with TalkTalk for years. The only reason I moved was due to a better deal elsewhere. Their network is great and service is great. The problem with them is their customer support - although this is certainly not unique to TalkTalk.

• djblamire
  • 29 days ago

I’ve been with Talktalk for years. Tried to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL today to take advantage of this offer, but they say not available. It’s on the DSL checker as up to 5Mbps, and other providers are happy to take my business. So off I go then, even though I would stay with Talktalk. (5Mbps is rubbish, but double the 2.5 I get on ADSL).

• Tertius
  • 29 days ago

I cannot see this anywhere on there site as yet. Where is the info coming from?

• tgwallbank
  • 28 days ago

Goto https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/talktalk/packages/fibre-large-broadband and follow the Order Now link and page has the £27.50 Fibre Large deal on it.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 28 days ago

As someone who was recently on TTB I found the router to be solid and reliable.

I think it's the same one they use for home too?

• ZenUser27
  • 28 days ago

Why do TalkTalk say 'TalkTalk For Everyone' as when I enquired thay said they could not provide Fibre BB to my property even though at the time I had BT Infinity 1 with the FTTC cab directly outside my property?

The guy I spoke to just said it was not available to me.

• zhango
  • 28 days ago

I have Talk Talk fibre medium up to 38MB, or at least it used to be. And sometimes I even got 44MB. However since they increased the upload speed up to 10MB my download speed has never got above 28MB, curious.
But it's not the speed that is the problem, it is reliability, I get VERY frequent buffering on the Talk Talk YouView box which is annoying up to the point of abandoning watching the film. So I hesitate to pay a little extra to double my download speed.

• johnbrass1
  • 28 days ago

I'm happy with my 35Mb over WiFi but I'll get nearly double the speed for an extra £2.50 a month with this offer. Just hope the line stays stable, can always switch back to fixed 40Mb if not.

• Fenris
  • 27 days ago

Like johnbrass1 has posted, I've also found that since they increased the upload speed my download speed has decreased, it used to be around 28Mb down and always less then 2Mb up. Now its about 26 Mb down and 5.5 Mb up.
Recently resigned with them for 18 months and they guaranteed me I should expect a min of 35 Mb down.
They are working on it via forums as we speak.
Never had a problem with reliability all the years I've been with them, always found their customer service pretty good too.

• stepdey
  • 27 days ago

@Tertius

If you get two lines you can load balance them and get 10Mbps (anything with two threads or more can utilize it).

• DrMikeHuntHurtz
  • 26 days ago

What about the people paying £32.00 for the 76/20 package will we be getting a reduction to £27.50.

• 2bagstew
  • 26 days ago

@2bagstew No automatic reductions, but believe if you agree to starting the minimum term once again you may be able to recontract, certainly in the past that is what TalkTalk has done, hence why in their financials they have so many customers in minimum contract term periods

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 25 days ago

You can re-contract, just start an online chat with them and they'll pass you to retentions. I was paying £30 from my negotiation last year, still had 6 months left on fixed cost 18m contract, and just re-contracted today for the new £27.50 price for a further 18 months.

Been on TT Fibre for 3 years now, using their HG635 as a modem and my own router for home connectivity. no problems and get 80/20 perfectly.

I figured that if you don't ask, you don't get. I asked and got...simple!

• wiggsc00
  • 25 days ago

+1 for that wiggsc00 altho I rang them.

• tgwallbank
  • 25 days ago

I had no issue having a new contract with TT. Went on chat and didn't even get put through to retentions.

£32.00 down to £27.50 for 18 months.

• bicbasher