Broadband News

Vodafone Home Broadband offering cool gifts to join them

August may not be the obvious time to launch a promotion that makes the decision to join a particular provider a lot more rewarding, but Vodafone who want to grow the fixed line broadband service to compete with the larger providers are embarking on the rewards and free gift path with a new offer.

The basic package pricing and contract terms remain the same but for those ordering online before 9th September there is now the choice of a free gift from a selection of items, the choice being:

• £75 prepaid MasterCard
    • Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Speaker
    • TomTom Bandit Action Camera
    • Fitbit Charge 2
    • Sennhesier HD 4.5 BTNC headphones

Claiming is a little different, rather than the usual service being live indicator you need to wait for your 30 day cooling off period to pass, and Vodafone estimate this means for most people 44 days after placing the order purchasing the service. So set a reminder on your calendar be that the wall calendar in the kitchen or an alert on your phone so you don't forget.

The Vodafone packages are of course on our Vodafone packages page but the quick summary is (all are 18 month contracts):

• Unlimited ADSL2+ £25 per month, £24 one-off fee if an existing Vodafone customer or £49 otherwise.
  • Unlimited Fibre 38 £25 per month, no one-off fee, up to 38 Mbps downloads and up to 9.5 Mbps uploads
  • Unlimited Fibre 76 £30 per month, no one-off fee, up to 76 Mbps downloads and up to 19 Mbps uploads

Comments

Sonus PLAY:1, is that the cheap China copy of a Sonos PLAY:1?

• clmfsh
  • 11 days ago

Lol - have fixed my typo, looking around if anyone wants to buy me a belated birthday present the Sonos 5.1 Home Cinema would be nice.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 11 days ago

Damn it! Just literally went with sky, payed £10 connection fee at £30 a month for the upto 38. I'm kicking myself. No gift for joining either. Oh well.

• woodmass14
  • 11 days ago

I have managed to get the offer although I ordered on 31st July with start date of 15th Sept - after speaking to cancellations dept, as I was ready to cancel and then re-order. Getting the router sent to the correct address has been the biggest challenge so far.

• Michael_Chare
  • 11 days ago

I've just spoken to Vodafone and confirmed the offer does include cost of router which is posted free - I could not see that mentioned anywhere.
Also, if moving house and fibre cannot be supplied at new address then the contract is cancelled without charge.

• zhango
  • 8 days ago

The one-off fee covers activation/migration router and delivery costs, i.e. free on the VDSL2 services.

Rules changed in 2016, such that the various one-off costs had to be rolled into a single fee, hence why you don't ever see them called out separately anymore.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 8 days ago

No Good to me, they cannot agree my address,though they have looked at Royal mail postcode finder and agree I live where I say I live, their systems will not allow them to correct the address, so the 400 homes here cannot order their products, they wanted me and other potential customers to take the matter up with Royal Mail and BT, they don't have a problem with the address,so what do they expect them to do about it. So maybe it is wise to avoid Vodafone.

• maltrab
  • 7 days ago

I've just ordered it - £25/month (+gift) compared to BT Retentions Dept offering me what they thought was a 'bargain' £41/month for Infinity 1 as the usual price is £49.99/month.
I told the guy that I had been a customer for over 40 years but as usual - loyalty means nothing!
It has been a very good service with BT but I never got over the mid-term £2.50/month price increase on top of my £16/month (excl line rental). Vodafone told me no price increase during 18 month term except for RPI increase in April next year.

• zhango
  • 4 days ago

I already have a service with them under the old Demon brand but their website now tells there are 'no suitable products available' including the one I am already on!

• MercuryRH