Broadband News

TalkTalk pushes ADSL2+ broadband at just £20 per month

The latest changes on the TalkTalk broadband products are now in our package listing for the provider and the big change has been a reduced price for the ADSL2+ service and no setup fee.

TalkTalk Totally Unlimited ADSL2+ is now available on a 12 month contract for £20 per month, and the £9 setup is being waived until the end of the offer on 29th June 2017, making switching provider cheaper than usual. The previous free fibre setup offer continues but the entry level VDSL2 (fibre) service has increased from the previous £27/m offer to £28.50/m, the faster up to 76 Mbps variant remains the same at £32/m (based on 18 month contract option). The TV and TV Plus products reflect the same ups and downs in the broadband pricing, i.e. the setup fee is now just £25 to pay for the TV set-top box.

TalkTalk contracts are fixed price for the broadband and line rental during the minimum contract term and for those seeking some long term price stability they offer three contract length options 12, 18 or 24 months. Remember that ancillary charges such as boosts and calls are not guaranteed to stay the same price and we presume the protection against price rises also means you won't benefit if the wholesale pricing drops significantly - this is potentially the case for the fibre services in a 12 to 15 month time frame, but will depend on Ofcom and what Openreach subsequently does since there is a proposal to drop the price of the 40/10 product that would make it cheaper than the 40/2 service that TalkTalk use.

Comments

Maybe they might get some more customers if they sorted out their woeful customer services. I signed up with them for a new line and after a number of confusing emails telling me I needed to complete my broadband order I decided to cancel. I then recieved a welcome pack and an appointment for the installation. Still not had the cancellation letter yet. Cancelled my dads transfer to TT after the same useless letters and emails. Again still waiting for the cancellation letter. Hopeless organisation.

• Kebabselector
  • 4 months ago

Agree with Kebabselector. It seems lots of people avoid Talk Talk, once again they are in our city centre and they try to talk to people but are ignored. thankfully they do not seem to be running after people now, so maybe they have been warned.

Talk Talk is an awful company,

• zyborg47
  • 4 months ago

These prices not showing on TT web site...

• Brunel
  • 4 months ago

@Brunel did you follow the link in the article and then various packages it lists or go direct?

In some cases prices vary depending on how you reach a site.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 4 months ago

I am a TT customer, I logged in to my account and went through all the relevant TT pages.

I also browsed all the pages not logged in.

• Brunel

I can only find this

• Brunel
  • 4 months ago

@Brunel and I see ADSL2+ at £20/m as per article, and 38/2 at £28.50 as per article.

Our links take you to an individual product page e.g. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/jump.html?type=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2fkXsZL is the ADSL2+ page

As an existing customer you may not get the same offers as new customers, but usually TalkTalk say "Available to new and existing customers"

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 4 months ago

@ Brunel, I went to TT home from link in my browser bookmarks bar then clicked on offers and it didn't show, I then went throu link provided on here and it did, I then went back throu bookmarks bar and it then showed, I guess a cached page.

• burble
  • 4 months ago

Only shows 18 mth contract £22.95 per mth.

• Brunel
  • 4 months ago

Can find the £20:00 offer only through the link on here.

• Brunel
  • 4 months ago

Looks like you are seeing a page where the 18 month contract is the default view, since ADSL2+ on 18 month contract is £22.95.

Offer is around a 12 month contract.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • 4 months ago

No offer from TalkTalk is worth the bother. This terminally useless company has done only one sensible thing in the past few years, dump Baroness Dido "useless" Harding so that she can spend more time with her chums in the Tory party. Moving to BT proved to be a delightful experience when TalkTalk decided that it did not want customers out in the country.

• michaelkenward
  • 4 months ago

TT has been fine for me. No complaints and great value.

• rickw
  • 4 months ago

Talk Talk by far the worst company I've ever dealt with. The ghastly Dido Harding displayed breathtaking arrogance and ignorance in openly criticising Openreach. TT and Openreach are equally awful IMHO

• FNH31
  • 4 months ago

There is good an bad in most things. When I wrote to Dido Harding - pre her peerage - she instructed her office to sort out my ADSL2+ connectivity issues. Prior to my letter, TT were blaming me but it was an Exchange problem. Been running well ever since. I agree, however, that dealing with 'the office staff' is exasperating dotted around the World as they are but, with patience, better deals than the best headlines are possible.

• BBSlowcoach
  • 4 months ago

Wouldn't touch TT with a barge pole, even if they paid me £20 per month.

• illus
  • 4 months ago

i guess you always get more vocal customers when they had problems

Kebabselector did you even call them? have talt talk at 2 locations never been a problem even when a house move happened (broadband went live before stated date as well) they didn't even charge me to change house (new 12 contract thought

• leexgx