Broadband News

Special offer on Virgin Media broadband only service

Virgin Media is running another range of offers on its broadband only cable products, i.e. no telephone line involved. The offer runs until 30th January 2017 and for those with Virgin Media cables already in their home activation is just £14.99, or if an engineer visit is needed this is £49.99.

The entry level up to 50 Mbps service is priced at £22/m for 12 months, then the normal £32.25, the faster up to 100 Mbps service is reduced to £27/m for 12 months (usual price £37.25 and the up to 200 Mbps service is £35/m rather than the standard £45.25. 12 month contracts apply on three services.

Comments

Very many areas are already 300Mb enabled, with Homeworks. (I have already taken it.) Pity they didn't extend the offer to that.

• roughbeast
  • 7 months ago

All these speed increased packages are a bit of a con, they are ridiculously overpriced since you only really achieve that speed when you are doing a speed test through via a server on an uncongested network.

• miken1499
  • 7 months ago

Most of the time you are getting the pedestrian speeds of normal web servers and they still traffic manage you on these overpriced premium packages like Virgin's Vivid 200 mb.

• miken1499
  • 7 months ago

They can't even keep you connected as I have had issues since Oct 2016 even after four engineers have come round and three router changes. Now I am told it's because they are doing upgrades in my area and it should stop by the end of January, all you get is a variety of excuses. At the next price increase (Currently paying £46+ a month for this crappy service), I will cancel and go on a 12 month special offer at a lower speed!

• miken1499
  • 7 months ago

More customers on an over subscribed service. Yay. Sort out the infrastructure first VM, and stop spending money sponsoring football teams/fa cups/billboards/social media and FIX YOUR NETWORK.

• firstadekit
  • 7 months ago

Miken I regularly get download speeds of 32MB (312Mb) using a good torrent. These speeds are not a con from where I am sitting.

• roughbeast