Broadband News

Virgin Media ignores current lull in broadband offers with latest deal

Virgin Media has slashed £9/m off the usual £27/m offer price for its entry level 50 Mbps cable broadband service, making it just £18/m for 12 months (after the minimum term price rises to £32.25/month and there is the £14.99 activation fee). This latest offer which seems to undercut all the other providers for now runs until the end of 29th December 2016.

For those who want a bit more speed the 100 Mbps download service is available for £23/m and 200 Mbps weighs in at £31/m (price after 12 months is £37.25/m and £45.25 respectively.

Comments

Does anyone know if you get the choose the superhub version on installation?

• Kebabselector
  • 11 months ago

Current superhub 3 as default but vivid200 waste of time as can only get about 30mb unless you download at 3am in the morning then you might get advertised speeds. Lots of congestion issues with virgin.

• kevinv
  • 11 months ago

That's not really fair, congestion with virgin is VERY area specific, your cable segment might only be 20 houses, and that's where the congestion is.

I have 300meg and mine is fine.

• rtho782
  • 11 months ago

VM is always a last resort imo.

• DrMikeHuntHurtz
  • 10 months ago

Vivid 200 Mb here, and I can saturate that all day every day, must be your area Kevinv

• radialblur
  • 10 months ago

200 Meg here, all day and night. I am sure there are area related problems that VM are suffering with. I do feel sorry for those that suffer these problems, as VM are slow in sorting these out.

• Toots3D
  • 10 months ago

I pay for 200Mbs and get less than 10 in the evening. It was fine for 2 years, but suddenly one day they shunt you onto another CMTS and that's it, game over. Virgin customer service is poor. I will be going to BT, not waiting for a fix for a year or more as some people do. Their own support forums tell the story.

• shoppinit
  • 10 months ago

I'm on VIVID200 since May and it was great up until the sudden outage on my road on 5th December. It was a nightmare with Virgin customer support. They have all calls diverting to India and trust me when I say this: the service team was just abysmal. Anyway, after a lot of calls it took VM 10 days to fix my connection. I'd rather pay £46/month for a connection that is backed by good customer care than to pay VM just for speed which isn't even reliable.

• Khan
  • 10 months ago

@rtho782 it's not fair? ... paying for 50mb internet and getting consistent speeds of 0.05-1mb max between 5pm-1am for the past year or so, please tell me, is this fair? I can show you the evidence if that's what you'd like. VM are subpar isp that work more on getting customers to join their network rather than working to fix their problems, I would leave them but i'm not going to pay £220 cancellation fee. Will be taking this up with CISAS and seeing what they think of this service!

• Sinuous
  • 10 months ago

Got good speeds here, Felixstowe Suffolk, 50Meg down, 3,2 Meg up. Just renegotiated package onto 'first timer offer' saved £120 a year, but i had to ask & negotiate, AND i lost my 70 Meg speed that i got for free last year as a loyal customer as "they dont offer 70 Meg anymore, just 50 & 100 for another £5", so a bit irritated there but other than that, cant fault VM.
Just a bit on the expensive side.

• linoscan