Broadband News

Five day long Black Friday sale over at TalkTalk

The next provider to announce its Black Friday promotions is TalkTalk, their offers run until the end of 30th November 2015. For once there are no complicated vouchers, or cashback that needs to be claimed, but the standard broadband price offers have been supplemented by half price line rental for 12 months on the 18 month contract products.

• Totally Unlimited Fibre FTTC/VDSL2 broadband is £5 per month for 12 months. Up to 38 Mbps downloads and up to 2 Mbps upload.
  • Simply Broadband unlimited ADSL2+ is free for the 18 month contract, just voice line rental to pay.
  • PlusTV with fibre broadband is £17.50 per month using the up to 38 Mbps download VDSL2 service. Includes YouView TV PVR with an extra 6 Sky channels including Sky 1 and free anytime calls to UK landlines. Also you get a free SIM with basic monthly allowance of 100 minutes of calls, 200MB of data and 250 texts.

The voice line rental at £8.85 per month for 12 months saves you £106.20 and thus represents a big improvement on the usual £50 shopping vouchers that TalkTalk run.

Comments

grr i just moved a broadband connection house and this offer was not given to me (just 12month 2.50 one), think i have a moan at them as i not taken them on the offer for leaking information

• leexgx
  • about 1 year ago

If you was already an existing customer this wouldn't of been available to you anyhow...

• generallee94
  • about 1 year ago

I'm assuming these TalkTalk offers no longer include your personal and payment/bank data being leaked across the internet?

• binary
  • about 1 year ago

i the person moved house and is a new 18 month contract so should be applicable as they put me on the half price ADSL for 12 months plan (£24-25 something for after 12 months) may have a grumble at them

it only did it 7 days ago Openreach was very fast this time round they lived the phone and broadband 2-3 days early , i guess it was still wired up but digitally switched off at the exchange, so press of a button 17mb broadband on ADSL which is nice (it was 9mb until i pulled the phone wire out that as going to an very old alarm box)

• leexgx
  • about 1 year ago

not sure what i just typed lol so many incorrect words there (i need sleep, but i think you can work out what i posted it)

• leexgx
  • about 1 year ago

I've just placed the future of my identity in the hands of TT and signed up for an 18 month contract. This will be a back-up for my current fixed wireless connection.

• Mitchy_mitch
  • about 1 year ago

@Mitchy
You'll be fine as long as long you don't read the scare stories in the Daily Fail. I'v been a TT customers for donkeys years and not had any of my personal/bank details compromised :)

• baby_frogmella
  • about 1 year ago

I have just placed a TalkTalk fibre order last week but not yet installed.

Does anyone know if they will give me this deal if I phone up, or will I need to cancel the order and re-order?

• connormill
  • about 1 year ago

If you have placed an order already it is unlikely, even if you cancel the order providers can refuse any new deals, and you might end up worse off.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • about 1 year ago

What is the point of moving to another supplier? They're probably all as bad as one another, just like the banks.

• Finney144
  • about 1 year ago

@Finney144,
Yes, all the large ones like Sky, BT, TalkTalk etc probably are as bad as each other, partly why they practically give away their substandard broadband as a cross-subsidy. There are, however, a few quality ISPs if you're prepared to pay the true price of what it costs to provide a low latency uncongested service, with expert technical support by people who understand the internet (As opposed to the 'script monkeys' the large ISPs use.

• Teefenn1