£1.50 price rise at TalkTalk tempered by new mobile offer
TalkTalk has just put its broadband prices up, and this means their entry level unlimited service has a standard price of £5 per month rather than the previous £3.50 per month. The £1.50 price rise has trickled down through the whole broadband product range, the price rise is softened the return of the £75 Love2Shop vouchers for 10 days for those switching to TalkTalk. The new pricing only applies to new customers, if and when prices change for existing customers they should get the obligatory notification.
Voice line rental has remained unchanged at £16.70 per month, which will help to avoid the negative press of previous years where people were complaining that the true cost of the service was buried in the small print as part of the voice line rental.
There is a new product launched which claims to be Britain's lowest priced unlimited SIM which costs £12 per month and is only available to TalkTalk customers on an unlimited broadband package and offers unlimited 3G mobile data, minutes and texts on a 30 day rolling contract basis.
- Simply Broadband, current offer is free for 12 months and a £75 shopping voucher. Then £5 per month for totally unlimited ADSL2+ connection.
- Unlimited Fibre, up to 38 Mbps downloads (up to 2 Mbps upload), £5 per month for six months then £10 per month rising to standard price of £15 per month. £75 shopping voucher for switchers.
- Essentials TV, ADSL2+ with basic YouView box, £7.50 per month for six months and a £75 voucher for those migrating in rising to £10 per month thereafter.
- Essentials TV with fibre and a basic YouView box, £12.50 per month for six months and a £75 voucher for those migrating in rising to £20 per month thereafter.
- Plus TV, ADSL2+ with full YouView PVR, £14.50 per month for six months and a £75 voucher for those migrating in rising to £20 per month thereafter. Includes anytime landline calls and free mobile SIM with basic text/call/data bundle.
- Plus TV, fibre with full YouView PVR, £19.50 per month for six months and a £75 voucher for those migrating in rising to £30 per month thereafter. Includes anytime landline calls and free mobile SIM with basic text/call/data bundle.
All the fixed line broadband services require voice line rental (£16.70) via TalkTalk and feature an 18 month contract.