Broadband News

Thousands rate their broadband providers and small is big

After many years of not highlighting our broadband provider ratings that thousands of you vote for every month, we thought it was worth giving them a bit more of an outing than the use Compare Broadband page.

The overall satisfaction rating is remarkably consistent for most providers over time and reveals that some of smaller more techie oriented providers are doing significantly better than the big name brands. There is of course the reliability and customer service ratings to take into account and people may want to seek out our monthly speed test results news item to get some idea of how the actual download and upload speeds vary between the providers and connection types.

Comments

Two graphs measuring overall satisfaction showing different results. I don't get it?

• roybranagan
  • over 2 years ago

The standard pages only allow you compare six providers at a time, hence have reproduced the two sets of six providers to show overall satisfaction for them all.

The colour codes are to the right of each graph.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff

@Roy
Look on the extreme right...they are for different ISPs.

• baby_frogmella

Thanks. Stupid of me.

• roybranagan
  • over 2 years ago

No surprise to see AAISP near 100%. At the prices which AAISP charge, it wouldn't be long before a customer who was not satisfied left them!

AOL can probably be retired now, a dead, and probably neglected, brand: http://www.aolbroadband.co.uk/

• oliver341
  • over 2 years ago

I was a bit surprised to see AOL on here. A bit worried how low Plusnet is, but at least it is higher than Talk Talk. So far still happy with plusnet.

• zyborg47
  • over 2 years ago

"At the prices which AAISP charge, it wouldn't be long before a customer who was not satisfied left them!"
I certainly do not consider £25pcm particularly high for a fast & reliable uncongested ADSL+ connection. Particularly so when I can get my landline elsewhere for £9 and not be compelled to take the ISP's own expensive landline for about £16, as I would be with one of the larger ISPs such as Sky or TalkTalk.

• Teefenn1
  • over 2 years ago

"I certainly do not consider £25pcm particularly high"

Yes, but you don't get much data for that. If you start using Netflix on AAISP, you will soon know about it, especially on daytime business rates.

• FlappySocks
  • over 2 years ago

The best never comes cheap.......I have many Broadband circuits from AAISP and regularly watch netflix etc, I don't question paying more for excellent, knowledgable customer service, and uncongested lines. It puts BT and the others to shame in my view.

• johnnyduk
  • over 2 years ago

The difference is ........ AAISP care. The others just want your money, and for you not to bother them at all.

• johnnyduk
  • over 2 years ago

Agreed. AAISP are good. If only they would bring down their daytime business rates. We have to queue up our large downloads for after 6pm. Downloading a Linux distro for example.

• Tanaka71
  • over 2 years ago

@Teefenn1 I pay less than £25 per month for both landline and broadband. Furthermore, it's unlimited and uncongested. The TalkTalk network is actually very good, after all, AAISP do use it.

• oliver341
  • over 2 years ago

oliver341,well good luck with that. AAISP use TalkTalk wholesale for their backhaul - not the same thing at all as having TalkTalk retail, which is largely congested at peak times because of under capacity.

• Teefenn1