Broadband News

Big revamp over at EE on home broadband packages

EE fixed line broadband products have undergone a large change today, the old £10 discount for EE mobile customers (on a contract) has been removed and pricing revamped to make it more competitive and appealing to the wider public. Existing customers need not panic, the price changes do not apply to those already in a broadband contract with EE.

The main offers are as follows:

As with other providers voice line rental is required via them and with EE it is £15.40 per month, or the equivalent of £11 per month if you pay 12 months line rental in advance. For those who need a new telephone line installing, there is an offer running via EE where it will cost £30 for new line activation rather than the standard £60. Norton Family security is supplied for free with all the broadband packages but the full Norton 360 software is available free for the first year and is half price in the second year.

EE appears to be going all out to attract new customers, since even if you are in contract with another provider they will cover any contract termination charges up to the value of £100 - though do double check terms and conditions carefully.

EE Wednesdays has been a popular promotion for many years now, and previously it was restricted to EE mobile customers, but now it has been extended to those who buy EE Home Broadband and are not a customer of EE mobile. This means that broadband customers will get 2 for 1 cinema tickets on Wednesdays at participating cinemas and 2 for 1 meals at Pizza Express.

Comments

What is an "EE broadband network area" and how do I know if I am in one, in terms of Fibre products, I thought they dont LLU anymore ?

• Hubz
  • over 3 years ago

I didn't think there was an EE network area any more? They moved all customers away from their LLU ages ago (when it was still Orange) as far as I know

• _Resonance_
  • over 3 years ago

There is no LLU EE network anymore, but they have an area where they pay less to BT Wholesale for the service, so pass the saving on.

The way to check is the EE availability checker.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • over 3 years ago

EE's network area is their old LLU area.

This is confirmed by their availability checker where a surcharge of £10 is added if you are out-of-area.

• XRaySpeX
  • over 3 years ago

'EE Wednesdays has been a popular promotion for many years now, and previously it was restricted to EE mobile customers, but now it has been extended to those who buy EE Home Broadband and are not a customer of EE mobile.'

Not true! I have had it for years without ever having an EE mobile.

• XRaySpeX
  • over 3 years ago

EE said 'For the first time ever non EE mobile customers will have access to the incredibly popular EE Wednesdays and 241 Pizza Express –giving them a 241 night out on us every week.'

So how do you get it @XRaySpeX

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff

Orange mobile?

• Adrianuk

@andrew:
You register your BB landline #, in my case a NON EE/Orange line (for the benefit of the guy who thinks Orange is not part of EE), with Orange/EE Weds nominating ANY mobile, in my case O2, to send & receive SMSs to get the tickets as & when.

Where does EE say 'For the first time ever non EE mobile customers ...'? Perhaps they mean the Pizza bit - I've only heard of that recently but have no use for it.

• XRaySpeX

@andrew:
Actually you register with Orange/EE Weds by sending the registration SMS fron the ANY-Network mobile that you want use for the tickets.

This has been going on for at least 7 years w/out have any EE/Orange phone of either persuasion.

• XRaySpeX
  • over 3 years ago

No, I knew Orange were part of EE - I thought you may have been trying to be smart as I didn't verify whether Andrew was correct or not. It appears he isn't, Broadband lines have always been able to get Orange/EE Wednesdays - https://web.archive.org/web/20110221230648/http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets

So, my apologies!

• Adrianuk
  • over 3 years ago

Nice deal if you can get it, put my details in (market 1 exchange) and cheapest deal is broadband with a 20GB usage limit for £19.95!

Sooner we get FTTC here the better as there seems to be less and less choice for market one exchanges.

• astateoftrance

@Adrianuk:
Ah yes, when EE took over they changed it from registering with you Orange username to registering with your landline telephone number.

• XRaySpeX