Sky sends out email warning about power supply fault
Safety of mains powered devices is very important and after reports of loose screws on the small wall plug power supply that is used with the Sky On Demand connector or Sky Wireless Booster Sky is asking people to check their unit and call 08000 152 582 to arrange a free replacement if yours is affected.
How to check your power adaptor
- First of all, switch off the electricity at the wall socket
- If you don’t have a switch at the wall socket, please turn off your electricity at the mains. If you are concerned about doing this then please call us and we’ll be happy to help
- Carefully unplug the power adaptor from the wall socket.
- If the power adaptor feels loose or starts to come apart while you're unplugging it, then please check again that you have switched the electricity off at the wall socket or the mains.
- Once you've removed the power adaptor please check to see if it has both screws fully inserted as per the picture. If one or both screws are missing, do not plug the adaptor back in.
If you find that the adaptor is missing one or both screws, or you have any concerns then please call, free of charge on 08000 152 582 if you are in the UK or 1800 927 494 if you are in the Republic of Ireland, and we will arrange to exchange it for a new unit immediately.From email to Sky customers
The screws on the small power supply are recessed so loose ones may not be immediately noticed and for those tempted to tighten them, please don't - the screws are a tamper proof variety and over tightening could strip a thread.
The Sky email does highlight that it is a small number of units affected but to avoid future problems it is best to just check that the screws are not loose and two halves of the power supply are firmly held together.