Broadband News

Don't forget to vote in the 2014 ISPA Customer Choice Award category

The 2014 ISPA Awards are getting closer and the shortlists for most categories will be published soon and voting in the Customer Choice category continues where you can vote for your provider or service in a quick survey at ispa.thinkbroadband.com/vote.

This is the third year that the Customer Choice category has been run and there are fifteen entrants for customers to provide feedback on and the best overall (not just the one with the most votes) will win the category.

In return for your time filling in the survey there is the chance to win two tickets to the awards ceremony which is on Thursday 10th July at the Park Lane Sheraton, London.

The technical testing for the broadband and hosting categories has now finished but the web based speed test that works on PC, tablets and phones will continue to be available web based test that should run on almost any device with a modern web browser. We hope to find the time to publish some analysis of the speeds of various devices in the near future.

Comments

What is this? It's not a survey!

The list of candidate ISPs are restrictive. You cannot choose BT, EE, PO, TT to name but a few. Yet the have Tesco.

You can't vote for YOUR provider; you have to vote for somebody elses.

It's a carve up!

• XRaySpeX
  • over 3 years ago

Rtfm
Perhaps those companies decided not to enter our didn't make the shortlist.

• shinerweb
  • over 3 years ago

Pardon? Don't swear!

"the shortlists for most categories WILL BE published soon"

• XRaySpeX
  • over 3 years ago

@XraySpecs. Read the article again. "... there are fifteen entrants for customers to provide feedback on and the best overall (not just the one with the most votes) will win the category." The FULL list of entries in this category is available now to enable voting.

• MCM999
  • over 3 years ago

10 of the 15 candidates I've never even heard of! The Thinkbroadband Broadband Service Provider list has over 50 providers so the 2014 ISPA Awards don't seem very representative. I'll abstain!

• napolibill
  • over 3 years ago

This is fraud when you can't vote for your provider who has delivered an outstanding service I can download at 76 Mbps and upload at 18.8 Mbps when I had a problem they quickly corrected it they charge cheaper than most and they are called Talk Talk. Can I vote for them? Fix

• searcher100
  • over 3 years ago

Only those providers who chose to enter the category are listed, so for any provider who did not enter they category it is down to the ISP not asking to be listed.

The Customer Choice Award is the easiest one for them to enter, as no long written entry required.

• andrew
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • over 3 years ago

Sounds a pretty meaningless award if providers aren't interested in entering :-(

• napolibill
  • over 3 years ago

Not to mention the fact that if you don't like any of them, you can't enter the competition. I'd personally like to vote for a ISP that has ceased to exist in the past year: O2.

• madkingsoup
  • over 3 years ago

What a laugh! At the end of the voting you can make a comment, I stated...

PlusNet get my vote, my ISP EE is not listed. PlusNet would be my choice if I was not with EE. EE is the ISP who give best value for my money.

• E7er
  • over 3 years ago

As XRaySpeX said, you cannot vote for the ISPA you want as so many are excluded. I am surprised that ThinkBroadband has anything to do with the poll as it looks like it has been fixed by interested parties.

• DaveCheltenham