New TV package from TalkTalk
The competition is heating up and with the launch of Essentials TV from TalkTalk which features a new cheaper YouView box at a price point of £7.50 per month, the triple play bundle market is set to get a little more interesting.
Essentials TV will have a standard price of £7.50 per month, and while it has been announced it is not yet available for order, most of the product details are known.
- £7.50 per month, plus voice line rental (£15.40 per month)
- Totally unlimited broadband
- New YouView box value £149, main feature missing is ability to record shows, you can still watch catch-up TV, rewind and search with a 30 minute pause/rewind buffer.
- Evening and Weekends to UK landlines
- Based on ADSL2+, we assume fibre options will be available
- Access to Freeview channels over aerial, as well as IPTV based content via TalkTalk
- As with other TalkTalk packages HomeSafe is included
- 18 month contract
The PlusTV service will continue to be available, with its YouView box offering the ability to record too and other benefits such as unlimited calls. PlusTV has to date attracted 500,000 TV customers in the 11 months since its launch.
For the stats chasers there is the news that TalkTalk has its fully unbundled network at some 2,798 exchanges, which covers 96% of the UK population, making it the largest ADSL2+ network in the UK by a large margin. The UK has a total of around 5,600 telephone exchanges, so these figures show how rural this final 4% of the population is.