TalkTalk reveals its price changes
This time it is TalkTalk with a raft of price changes, again they apply from October 1st. The TalkTalk website pricing notification page carries details of the latest changes and a history of previous price rises.
- Voice line rental to increase to £15.40 a month, currently £14.95 a month, this last increased in January 2013.
- We have asked about any price changes to the line rental saver product
- Broadband Essentials will increase in price to £7.50 per month, from its current standard price of £6.50 a month, and we presume as this charge is levied on fibre customers too they will feel the effect of the £1 rise.
- A bunch of old legacy broadband packages will see a £1/month price rise. The packages affected are: Talk Global Anytime, Talk Global Evening & Weekend, Talk UK Weekend BB, Talk International Anytime, Talk International Evening & Weekend, Talk Total Anytime Evening & Weekend Talk Total Anytime, Talk 3 BB, Talk International Evening & Weekend IPS and Talk International Anytime IPS.
- Anytime calls boost increase to £5.50 per month.
- Details of call price changes covered in full on the TalkTalk website.
We will endeavour to add a note to our TalkTalk package listings, so that people are aware of the forthcoming changes and can therefore make informed decisions. Generally though we have found this pattern of price rises affects all the providers, so while you can chase the odd special offer the rises are not inescapable in the long term.