Broadband News

BT release new spring broadband package deals

BT have announced some new 'Springwatch deals' for broadband customers which will offer up to 4 months free when ordering online (only 3 months over the phone) for BT's Broadband and Evening & Weekend calls broadband product. Others products, including the fibre-to-the-cabinet (FTTC) Infinity options, offer 3 months free, and now come with free connection.

Product Includes Price
Broadband and Evening & Calls Up-to 20meg broadband, 10GB usage (ends 30/06/2011) Free for 4 months
then £13 a month
Broadband and Anytime Calls Up-to 20meg broadband, 10GB usage (ends 12/05/2011) Free for 3 months
then £16 a month
More Broadband and Calls Up-to 20meg broadband, 40GB usage £7.50 for 3 months
then £18 a month
Unlimited Broadband and Calls Up-to 20meg broadband, unlimited usage £20 for 3 months
then £28 a month
More Broadband and Weekend Calls w/ Infinity Up-to 40meg broadband, 40GB usage Free for 3 months
then £18 a month
Unlimited Broadband and Calls w/ Infinity Up-to 40meg broadband, unlimited usage Free for 3 months
then £28 a month

Unlimited usage is subject to a fair-usage policy. A free activation is offered on these products, saving £25, but users upgrading from an existing BT product will have to pay this activation charge.

Comments

Bargain *rolls eyes*

• krazykizza
  • over 6 years ago

For users with high bandwidth/data quantity needs (probably a minority for sure) the packages actually are great value ...

For "simple" adsl probably less so.

• planetf1

I was referring to FTTC/BT Infinity

• planetf1
  • over 6 years ago

wow, i don't think many people will be upgrading from a current bt product with a £25 PER MONTH activation fee... haha

• Locky
  • over 6 years ago

So yet again we see unlimited with limits wasn't all this supposed to be being sorted out ????

• Aqualung
  • over 6 years ago

Whoops, removed the per month bit on activation!

Aqualung- it is in the process of being sorted out- it's still in that stage though so we haven't had a decision down over how providers can use these terms yet.

• john
  • thinkbroadband staff
  • over 6 years ago

"A free connection is offered on these products, saving £25 a month" - £25 one-off fee surely

• Youngy
  • over 6 years ago

"so we haven't had a decision down over how providers can use these terms yet."
I think the Oxford English Dictionary covers that one pretty well.

• e102gamma
  • over 6 years ago

As I left BT just on a year ago, I am now getting hammered with BT 'Special offer' emails.
If I ever catch myself considering paying exactly double to BT for the same service I get from the Post Office, I will book myself in for some deep therapy.
Double the price then BOGOF — BT, the Tescon of communications.

• m0aur
  • over 6 years ago

Double? Is it really double like for like with BT compared to the PO? I see PO's broadband is up to 8Mb.... nice. :) I take it they've no plans to go LLU then?

• GMAN99
  • over 6 years ago

I am happy with my 6.7MB down, and suspect most of the country would be, especially those of us out in the sticks on an 8MB BT only exchange. In that situation, I bet most of you in that situation would be jumping at the PO prices. The BT site just offers packages now, no way to select just Broadband Max now, plus the idiots estimate a 12MB service if I go back to them. What idiots.

• m0aur
  • over 6 years ago

6.7, I don't get that and I live in a small city, I get 4.5 on average now I gone LLU, never had anywhere near that with BT. Bt will give you just broadband if you really want it, but it is hassle and they try and talk you into their packages.

Notice how their packages are now 18 month contracts. that will put some people off for a start.

• zyborg47
  • over 6 years ago

The £26 I pay the PO, is for 8MB unlimited, line rental, freecalls to 02/02/0845/0870 at evenings & weekends, free calls to mobiles and 40 countries at weekends, NO line rental minimum and NO penalty if you pay by cash at the Post Office counter.
I was paying exactly that for Option 3 broadband alone, plus the same again for Option 3 phone and chargeable calls. Seems like double to me. Now in the daytime, I use a cordless Sipgate VOIP, 1p per min and NO connection charge — NO contest.

• m0aur
  • over 6 years ago

...all 18 month contracts as well.... I don't think so!!

• mitchja

presumably all plus £13.90 line rental every month

• herdwick
  • over 6 years ago

If you are drawn by the 3 months ‘Free‘ when joining BT, the 12 month contract goes out of the window, and you are tied for 18 months auto-renewing contract.

• m0aur
  • over 6 years ago

I thought BT was going to remove the FUP in April?

• otester
  • over 6 years ago

For their top package they did, if your referring to the 300Gb per month limit before throttling during peak hours

• GMAN99

@GMAN99 will you take a moment from brown nosing
british telecom. and realise the truth.

• creakycopperline

@creakycopperline

True if you're poor or have low standards.

• otester
  • over 6 years ago

Had a BT representative phone a few weeks ago trying to get me to renew my contract with them. The kicker was when i said no, he was then all of a sudden able to give me £5 off a month. I think he was put off from my laughing as I tried to say no and hang up

• Alchemyfire
  • over 6 years ago

Something else BT has changed - for the worse - their International Freedom option. BT was more or less forced into offering this (free international calls to about 36 countries) in the first place by TalkTalk - but while TT offered it for free from the get-go, BT charged a fiver a month. Now, BT is removing the 60-min cap for each call (TT is 72 minutes), BT is introducing a 600-minute-per-month "fair usage" limit. That's 19 minutes a day. 99% of my calls are to the States, and that destination should not have a limit put on it. I will end up going back to TalkTalk (not that I want to).

• authoriseduser545
  • over 6 years ago

I just checked TalkTalk. I see they now charge $3/month and they also have the 60-minute cap (but can redial), but I see no limit on the total number of minutes.

• authoriseduser545
  • over 6 years ago

I agree with those using P.O.I too transfered from B.T. to P.O, just over 2 years ago and for same usage saved myself on average £15 per month.I pay quarterly over counter at P.O.I too have had offers to go back to B.T.,but hesitate after previous experience.Nothing serious just little thins like rising charges

• willarch
  • over 6 years ago

I am with P.O. the service is very good and cheap. Who do BT think they are fooling?

• tim_ellam

@tim_ellam:You :)

BT get the lion's share of your money either way.

• AndrueC