Broadband News

TalkTalk reach 4.15m broadband users

TalkTalk have released their Q3 results for the 2009-10 financial year which covers up to the end of 2009 and shows a net growth of 36,000 new broadband customers, including the Tiscali brand (62,000 net reduction). This is in line with their expectations, and shows a rise over the 15,000 net additions last quarter. Total group revenue for TalkTalk was up to £446m, up 29% from the £347m the previous year, with the average revenue per user increasing by 70p to £23.80.

"TalkTalk Group's brand profile, value for money proposition, and customer service have continued to generate real momentum in the market, attracting 36,000 net new broadband customers during the quarter and taking the base to 4.15m. We are now confident that our base at the end of the current financial year will be towards the top of our existing 4.1m to 4.2m guidance range. The Tiscali integration remains well on track to create a highly efficient platform for providing our customers with excellent value and service."

Charles Dunstone, (CEO) Carphone Warehouse

Comments

I would put this more down to mass-advertising and public unawareness when it comes to shopping for ISP's.

• otester
  • over 7 years ago

Id put it down to the market being full of stupid people that dont want to pay much for broadband and then moan if it has issues.

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

Id put it down to TalkTalk being a good service at a very cheap price.

• callum9999
  • over 7 years ago

Being a former Tiscali customer since 2004, I had always been OK with the service & speed I received, living at the wrong end of the telephone exchange. Now Talk Talk have taken over, for the last week I have had 2.5MB/sec consistently (previously maybe 1MB/sec, but very variable). The customer service has been very helpful & response time has been fast, while still delivering good value for money. I personally am very happy with the new owners ... long may it continue.

• ken_williamson
  • over 7 years ago

Think TalkTalk is good ?.... try and leave!
I am informed by my new ISP that they cannot use the existing line to my property as TT will not release it (this will be why they say you don't need a MAC code) A new line to my property is going to cost £110 from BT, but as the telegraph pole is up to capacity,they need to ask TT to modify the terminal to allow them to connect a new line. I am informed that TT will not do this. At the moment, the change over is 1 week overdue without any signs of actually happening. It's not mad - it's bl--fy criminal!

• gilderoy
  • over 7 years ago

Reasons for leaving TalkTalk ... been fighting with them for over a month over bandwidth issues on my line. I consistantly enjoy speeds of 6.7 to 7.2mbps. So, way before Christmas when I suspected everything seemed to have slowed up I found that I was actually getting between 0.9 and 2.2mpbs. Spent my Christmas holidays waiting for replies to Tech Service (up to an hour at times before they answered a call) only to be fed bulls---t and lies before, a week ago I tried to cancel my account .... see previous posting.

• gilderoy
  • over 7 years ago

O dear i wont be goin to TT, thanks for that.

• ruskin0
  • over 7 years ago

@ gilderoy... Cease the service (phone and internet) from them completely, they will no longer have control of the cable that runs into your house. Of course you will still have to pay BT a overpriced re-connection charge and you may lose your telephone number, but you will be free of them. Also report them to ofcom if they refuse to give you a MAC, it may not help though as i think FULL LLU services are exempt from the must give a user a MAC rules, but you may get lucky, especially if ofcom have had a million similar complaints.

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

Has carpetburn tried TTalk????

• asrobs
  • over 7 years ago

I changed from Tiscali last year and I am happy with the performance. However, they messed up the DD and disconnected without warning. I have been to the bank who assure me they tried to take money before the DD was set up. TT are ignoring my missing complaints including my demand that my credit rating has not been damaged. Their behaviour is appalling.

• jtwebb
  • over 7 years ago

Mistakes due to human nature do happen. And they can be rectified. Send a polite email to Charles Dunstone [email protected] laying out your complaint in specific but brief details and one of his PA's will phone you back (from England) and sort your problems. Well, it worked for us. He wants his customers to be happy.

• clive4
  • over 7 years ago

I'm one of the poor sods who had faultless service from Tiscali. Then TalkTalk bought it. Their first action 'to improve the quality of my customer experience' was to give me a 33.3% increase in my monthly bill.

When I queried this, I was promised that my broadband was now 'an entirely new product' and that I would soon see a marked change in the quality of service.

I did. My internet speed has slowed to a point that reminds me of the old dialup days.

I'm one customer that TT will be losing very soon, and I'm sure there'll be lots of others.

• Whitefort
  • over 7 years ago

quote"Has carpetburn tried TTalk????"

To which branch of Talk Talk are you refering?

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

CARPETBURN, I think you have just got a thing against Talk Talk, I have been with Tiscali for several years for my broadband and telephone and have no complaints, and I still have no complaints since Talk Talk took over, it is very good value.

• trevoru
  • over 7 years ago

Joined TTalk in Apr 2009 and for approx 5 months, I had no complain about the service. The internet worked fine, I would see the odd link failure on the DLink router and ignored it. Then my son do online gaming (PS3), and game drops sometimes . This became more regular, checking the router logs would show 2 or more failure a day, other time it would go a few days without any failure.