Broadband News

Easynet Connect launch 100meg fibre product for SME's

Easynet Connect, the small-to-medium business arm of Easynet (owned by BSkyB), have launched a fixed price fibre based Internet access product to businesses inside the M25. The fibre product will give customers who connect an uncontended symmetric 100meg connection for £15,000 a year with 99.9% availability, 24x7 monitoring and a guaranteed fix time. A £5,000 setup applies, although additional charges could be due if mandatory wayleaves or non-standard construction is required.

This is the first time a fixed price service of this kind has been offered. Usually for leased-line based services costs vary depending on how far away you are from the nearest point of presence of the provider. This type of product is ideal if you require a high quality, high bandwidth product and find DSL based services not up to these requirements.

"Over the last fifteen years we have seen an unrelenting requirement for more and more bandwidth. Customers who get our 100 Mbps service for a market leading price today also have the assurance that their connection is future proofed because of fibre's unlimited bandwidth potential. Fibre is also particularly well suited to those who need the most reliable internet connection as they move to cloud computing."

Chris Stening, (Managing Director) Easynet Connect

Comments

o very nice.
and the rest of us stay on our dial up in rural UK. If I could have 100meg fibre for £15k I could feed the whole village with it. My first quote from BT was £76k a year. Last quote was £39k. Prices coming down.. shows it can be done. But only in urban eh? If gov would get the fibre out to the rurals I bet everyone would be surprised how quick the towns caught up.. market forces only work by force.

• cyberdoyle
  • over 7 years ago

It may be worth contacting them to find out pricing outside the area. They probably won't do it at 15k but it might be a lot more reasonable than 76k. I imagine it might be dependent on a local exchange being LLU'd though.

• john
  • thinkbroadband staff

The Easynet product is also not really "fixed price":

"although additional charges could be due if mandatory wayleaves or non-standard construction is required"

If they are using Openreach for the final connection, then Excess Construction charges would apply anywhere that the customer does not already have BT fibre in the building - which probably means nearly every small business inside the M25!

• wirelesspacman
  • over 7 years ago

Move out of the sticks then. that's the price you pay for having a nice view and no one living next door.

You chose where you wanted to live stop complaining when you don't get the facilities.

• kamelion
  • over 7 years ago

15k? Oh right, that's why you use datacenters...

cyberdoyle - Fibre to rural areas? Oh right, please let me know after the singularity has obliterated scarcity-based economics...

• Dawn_Falcon
  • over 7 years ago

quote"15k? Oh right, that's why you use datacenters.."

Which ISPs in this country do not???

• CARPETBURN

@kamelion

I tend to agree with this view, plus if you really want such a nice rural place with good BB, you should be rich enough already, or get packing.

I'm purposely going to make sure my 1st house in an FTTC area or Bournemouth.

• otester
  • over 7 years ago

I guess they are hoping a lot of people will take it who are in cheaper to provide areas and subsidise the others. As £15k for 100Mbit isn't exactly cheap - even in in Sheffield (where it's been traditionally expensive for LL) we can get 100Mbit for much cheaper.

BT are nearly always the most expensive for LL to any area, you need to contact a decent provider who should be able to beat £39k without much of a problem - unless you really are v. remote.

• KarlAustin
  • over 7 years ago

Carpetburn - loool. You think this package is for ISP's? Just...yea.

• Dawn_Falcon
  • over 7 years ago

My comment was in reply to you stating Easynet use datacenters, my question is which ISPs in this country do not use datacenters?

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

No, at no point did I state that Easynet use datacenters.

I stated the following:

"15k? Oh right, that's why you use datacenters..."

And that is *all* I meant.

• Dawn_Falcon
  • over 7 years ago

So the comment was a personnal remark to a user?

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

No, it was not, it was a general remark.

• Dawn_Falcon
  • over 7 years ago

Use of the word "you" does not indicate to me the remark was general but directed. Please define who "you" is in your statement.

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

The statement is quite clear, and is intended to be taken as-written. I see no need to add to it. Any confusion you have is your issue, not mine.

• Dawn_Falcon
  • over 7 years ago

Ah i see again refusing to explain your statements

• CARPETBURN
  • over 7 years ago

Hardly rocket science, you in general as in referring to everyone who wants decent connectivity for servers etc. not as in you specifically as one person. But I suspect you know that and just wanted to keep arguing back and forth.

• KarlAustin
  • over 7 years ago

Everyone uses datacenters? errrrr ok

• CARPETBURN