New BT Mobile SIM only offer has added unlimited calls
Saturday 05 November 2016 12:17:39 by Andrew Ferguson

For those who have a mobile handset but are looking for a new deal, the latest BT SIM-only offer may be worth a look.

Existing BT Broadband/Infinity customers can pay just £5/m for a 4G SIM plan, and get unlimited texts and calls (usually the cheapest plan only includes 200 minutes of calls) plus 500MB of data each month for £5 on a 12 month contract. The SIM-only offers are available to non-BT customers but they pay an extra £5 per month. Don't forget the £20 Amazon or iTunes gift card and the offer ends on 10th November 2016.

The 2GB plan (£10/£15) comes with a £40 gift card, and the usual 2GB data, 500 minutes of calls and unlimited texts the biggest SIM is the 15GB plan (£20/£25) that carries an £80 gift card with 15GB data, unlimited calls and texts.

BT Mobile also does 24 month mobile contracts where until 10th November the iPhone SE 64GB is available on 3GB data, 1000 minutes, unlimited text plan for £20 upfront, £35/month (non-BT customers add £5) and a £125 gift card. For those on a tighter budget there is the Samsung S6 offer with the same 3GB, 1000 minutes and unlimited text plan, but at £15/m for 3 months then £30/m with no upfront costs and you still get the £125 gift card.

Comments

Posted by zyborg47 about 1 month ago
But they use the EE network, which is not that great around here, saying that the way Vodafone is going down the pan, EE may be better, but it is BT and I am close enough to using BT as i want to be
Posted by ZenUser27 about 1 month ago
£5 a month for unlimited mins and texts is fantastic. Never mind data I don't use it anyway but this is a great offer and I've got it - thanks for the info!
Posted by Big_Bob 29 days ago
Before getting too excited folk should note that BT are only giving the new unlimited call allowance on the £5/m contract to new customers. Having just recently switched to BT for mobile and broadband, I think that's more than a bit mean. Despite going from department to department on the phone this morning they wouldn't extend the offer to me. They did offer to open a new SIM account for me with the new allowances but they can't switch my number to it and would charge me for cancelling the old contract. I suppose it was a tad naive to expect any company to play fair these days.
Posted by doogal4 29 days ago
Fantastic offer! My BT £5 p.m. contract expires in 3 days' time. It took calls to 4 different BT numbers to reach the right department and 2 minutes to arrange this unlimited calls offer on a new 12 month contract. Kudos to BT.
Posted by Dieng 28 days ago
Gift card for SIM only is only itunes, not amazon. Shame, i have no use for itunes, whereas amazon is like cash. Still agood offer though, unlimited calls for £5 a month.
Posted by hisnibsuk 28 days ago
I am an existing BT Broadband customer with a basic £10 sim card mobile contract for over 12 months and I have just downgraded to the £5 month deal because I will benefit from the additional unlimited phone calls rather than being concerned about 500mb data rather than 2gb. So Big_Bob I think you are wrong. Still waiting for my last gift card by the way in spite of several reminders.
Posted by ZenUser27 27 days ago
He is wrong, I've had BT mobile since it started I downgraded mine and took out a new one - both show £5 a month.

Now if only they did free whatsapp like virgin do - they would have it in the bag.
Posted by N0bodyofthegoat 25 days ago
The BT offers changed slightly overnight...

The 2GB dta package (£10pcm for BT customers) has a "double data" promotion to 4GB per month.
The iTunes voucher has been replaced by an Amazon voucher (£30/60/90 respectively).

If you want to buy any of these BT packages, don't forget to go to the BT site via a cashback site, Topcashback and Quidco are both offering at least ~£30 cashback for the 500MB data package and more for the other data packages.;)