TalkTalk is back and with new offers
Thursday 12 November 2015 11:50:27 by Andrew Ferguson

TalkTalk is back and the new website is visually not much different from the last with the downtime going into ensuring security flaws were plugged. For those chasing the lowest priced broadband deals the new offers are:

• Simply Broadband, free totally unlimited ADSL2+ for 18 months, pay just voice line rental at £17.70 per month. Broadband price that currently applies after the 18 month contract period is £7.50 per month.
  • Totally unlimited fibre broadband, £5/month for 18 months, plus voice line rental at £17.70 per month. Based on a up to 38 Mbps download, up to 2 Mbps upload VDSL2 (FTTC) service.
  • Plus TV with fibre broadband £17.50 per month for the minimum term of 18 months, then £30 per month. Voice line rental applies from month 1 at £17.70 per month. Plus TV includes a YouView PVR with standard FreeView channels plus an extra 6 Sky TV channels and a mobile SIM with 100 minutes of calls, 200MB of data and 250 free text messages. Plus the landline includes unlimited anytime UK landline calls.

There is a £50 Love2Shop voucher up for grabs for those migrating to TalkTalk, but this expires at 23:59:59 today (Thursday 12th November).

Comments

Posted by craski about 1 year ago
Take with a very large pinch of salt!

I signed up to an 18 month Talk Talk contract on Simply Broadband and 6 months into that contract they increased both the line rental and the simply broadband charges.

I terminated the contract out of principal, I was not prepared to do business with a company that does this.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
While the annoyance is understandable if you want low prices you will soon find yourself running out of providers.
Posted by ribble about 1 year ago
I sussepect the provision and repair journeys for gea FTTP are a lot more problematic that for FTTC
Posted by ribble about 1 year ago
Ignore above - wrong article
Posted by craski about 1 year ago
@Andrew
This was for a second line/backup broadband service so no big deal for me but if the deals are not sustainable for the term being offered, they shouldnt be allowed to sign people up (on the hook) and then change the T&Cs of the agreement at will.
Posted by BBSlowcoach about 1 year ago
My AOL contract was fully integrated with TT in July. Since call length restricted to 60 mins, 0845 and 0870 removed from inclusion & in Oct an 'in contract' price more than doubling my monthly fee - contract ends Nov! AOL had alwys honoured its contracts and gave discounts for loyalty. All this before the TT hacking! TT & BT & its variants are my only realistic options for ADSL2+ - no fibre available. The pricing aggression seems quite scandalous to me.
Posted by gillisian about 1 year ago
told I had an offer of 12 month b'band at half price - phoned their customer services as indicated in the offer. But customer services said then cannot set up that offer - must be done on-line; but that facility is not up and running. Poor show