TalkTalk claiming cheapest fibre based service over 18 months title
Wednesday 16 September 2015 10:43:20 by Andrew Ferguson

TalkTalk is getting serious as it tries to win customers onto its fibre based broadband services with its latest promotion.

The TalkTalk up to 38 Mbps entry level fibre service is now just £5 per month for the first six months, then £10 per month for the rest of the minimum term. After the 18 month minimum term if you remain with TalkTalk the monthly broadband fee would be £17.50 per month. Voice line rental is a requirement at £17.70 per month.

For those who are quick there is a £50 Love2Shop voucher available for those switching to TalkTalk from most providers apart from Virgin Media, the additional voucher offer expires on 17th September 2015.

Existing TalkTalk ADSL2+ customers who are not totally left out in the dry, there is an upgrade to fibre offer of £7.50 extra per month for 6 months, with the standard £10 extra thereafter price applying.

Posted by comnut about 1 year ago
cheap is, as cheap does... :/
If you are lucky, and only do very little, it may be ok...
if not.. I think you know...
Posted by asylum_seeker about 1 year ago
Not all of us can afford a 70 quid per month AAISP connection, thanks to the Tories shafting every punter left right & centre. I'm very happy with my TalkTalk fibre connection, get line speeds 24/7 and download 100s of GBs per month. You do know that TT has 4 million + customers right? And you do know that customers will leave an ISP in droves if their network is piddly poor no matter how cheap they are right?
Posted by ZenUser27 about 1 year ago
You sure need to do some research.. and AA connection is £55 a month but there are limits. Others are cheaper. I pay less than £50 for Zen and I do 10+TB's a month.

comnut has a good point and yes to back up your last comment Asylum look at the current situation with Plusnet..
Posted by asylum_seeker about 1 year ago
Correct, AAISP have download limits and based on my current usage (>0.5TB per month) I would pay an eye watering 70 notes per month. TalkTalk are cheap for one reason only: poor phone support. Which I don't have a problem with, as i use their excellent UK forums for support. BT/TT/Sky are all bargain basement ISPs yet they have none of the problems Plusnet are having.
Posted by chefbyte about 1 year ago
I'm on TT now AOL went missing in action but still no cab upgrade, so unable to take up these nice "carrot" offers.
Posted by zyborg47 about 1 year ago
I still have 11 months with plusnet, not that I am planning to go to Talk Talk, TBH thse large providers are more or less the same. I thought Plusnet was suppose to be so good, not as good as they. But I can't see myself going to Talk Talk to be honest
Posted by block860 about 1 year ago
i would use mobile broadband over talktalk fibre.. i thought there customers were ex tiscali, aol, tesco bb etc.. its not like 4 million people signed up!
Posted by roph about 1 year ago
"Just" £5 per month.

....requires a £17.70 rented line.

So, £22.70 a month then?

Why do you guys continue to peddle this stuff. Hey guys, my broadband is 50p* a month!

*requires £25/mo line rental.
Posted by FirstNetServ2 about 1 year ago
SSE is cheaper at £22 a month. with discount lasting the whole 24 months.
Posted by Dixinormous about 1 year ago
Top tip Mr Coventry: the bragging about usage always gives you away. :)