New NOW TV box available with Ethernet
Tuesday 08 September 2015 09:09:41 by Andrew Ferguson

One of the downsides of the original NOW TV box was that it only supported Wi-Fi, which with the increasing Wi-Fi congestion in urban areas could lead to buffering and stuttering no matter how fast your connection. A few months after news about the new boxes was first seen Sky now has its new NOW TV box available for purchase that also has an Ethernet connection available for purchase at £14.99.

The new box also runs at 1080p, though the NOW TV feeds for now are still 720p, you also get a faster processor, USB socket and micro SD slot.

If you are going to subscribe to some NOW TV content, be it the Entertainment, Sports of Movies there are some offers that can save 14% to 29% on buying everything individually. Existing NOW TV customers can buy a box with passes and the coupon codes when used simply extend your viewing period.

For those keen to chase a bargain and don't mind the older wireless only box you can pick up a version 1 NOW TV box with 2 months of movie passes for £14.99 on Amazon.co.uk, a bargain when you consider a months movie pass is usually £9.99.

Comments

Posted by Kr1s69 about 1 year ago
You can still side load plex on it and watch at 1080p :)
Posted by binary about 1 year ago
It's perhaps worth noting that the new black NOW TV box only has an HDMI output, it does not have an analogue A/V output (L/R audio plus composite video) which the old box had - so there's no plugging the new box into older TVs that don't have an HDMI input.
Posted by ZenUser27 about 1 year ago
Or you can just leave Virgin and get the whole sky for like £20 a month.
Posted by adslmax about 1 year ago
Still rubbish box and rip off Sky. I rather not pay any penny to Sky.
Posted by Mike306 about 1 year ago
I have one of these and it works well.

@zenuser whole of sky for ₤20 I don't think so
Posted by JReygan about 1 year ago
I love my now tv box, and have recommended it to loads of people. Mine mostly works well on wifi
Posted by swansea04 about 1 year ago
Roku 2 box, if I'm not mistaken?
Posted by Sam234 about 1 year ago
I gather the average Sky user has to pay £55/month for the service, if that's not a rip off...