£100 Sainsbury's Gift Card on BT Infinity and other BT offers
Thursday 03 September 2015 12:05:00 by Andrew Ferguson

BT Retail is back with its popular Sainsbury's Gift Card promotions once again, this time they run until 9th September with values of £50 on ADSL2+ services and £100 on the Infinity FTTC or FTTP services.

• Unlimited ADSL2+ up to 17 Mbps download speeds for £5 per month on a 12 month contract, after 12 months price is £18 per month. £50 Sainsbury's Gift Card. BT Sport Lite pack.
  • BT Mobile 4G SIM Plan with 2GB data, unlimited texts and unlimited calls £12 per month (£17 for those who are not already a BT customer). Choice of a £25 iTunes or Amazon Gift Card. Includes BT Wi-Fi access and BT Sport Lite app. Available until 19th September 2015.
  • Unlimited Infinity 1 up to 38 Mbps fibre based service (up to 9.5 Mbps uploads), £10 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract then £23 per month. £100 Sainsbury's Gift Card.
  • Unlimited Infinity 1 with 4G SIM up to 38 Mbps fibre based service with a 4G SIM including 2GB data, unlimited calls unlimited texts. £22 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract. £100 Sainsbury's Gift Card available until 9th September, boost from 500 minutes of calls to unlimited calls on the 4G SIM available for orders placed before end of 19th September 2015.
  • Ultra HD BT TV package with BT Infinity 1 12 month contract at £25 per month, plus £79 setup costs that covers UHD YouView box and engineer install. BT Sport in Ultra HD and of course a Sainsbury's £100 Gift Card.

On the fixed line broadband packages remember to add the price of voice line rental at £17.99 per month.

The BT TV packages have just added the AMC channel which includes Fear The Walking Dead which has been spawned from The Walking Dead, if your bundle includes the HD pack you will get it in HD.

Comments

Posted by binary about 1 year ago
Do BT ever offer these Sainsbury's gift cards as part of a retention deal?
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
Generally no, but people have had some success in price matching
Posted by 961a about 1 year ago
Although I had success in getting a good deal to renew my ADSL for 12 months I couldn't get them to match the £10 per month unlimited Infinity 1 offer, even without the Sainsbury card
Posted by binary about 1 year ago
@961a - was that £10 a month Infinity 1 offer the 'online exclusive' only available via the thinkbroadband affiliate link? (or possibly via other affiliate links too)
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
I mentioned this about previous offer - it looks like £20/month after one year not £23?
Quote from BT site:
"September Spectacular Save 50% a month*"

"*Saving is based on the current non offer price of £20 a month. 12 month contract"

Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
@Zhango Am going on the offer conditions in the footnotes of

Offer ends 09/09/2015. For new BT Broadband customers that sign up for 12 months and pay BT line rental. Current price from month 13: £23 a month. Current non-offer price: £20 a month

Erring on the cautious side of saying £23 as price after the minimum term. Chased last week for a definitive answer and so far had varying answers.
Posted by Adrianuk about 1 year ago
So that means they're either planning to put the price up to £23 during this year, or they are charging those who got an offer more after the introductory price ends?

If the latter, naughty.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
Standard price has been £23 for a little while if I recall.
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
Well, I don't get it? - if I click the link from this site I do read that it's £20/month not £23/month.
September spectacular Save 50% a month means £10 reduced from £20
Surely?
Posted by kijoma about 1 year ago
there is no such thing as a free lunch and big sign up incentives are usually the polish on the turd.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
I think if you sign up now without any offers its £20 per month, then £23 after minimum term. That is what the 50% is referring to.
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
Ok Andrew, thanks for trying to find the truth about month 13 - it does sound like this is deliberately misleading of BT for thick guys like me assuming that I would pay £20 from month 13!
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
Okay had confirmation it is £23 from month 13 if you sign up to the £10/month deal.

Apparently some tidying up of the BT side to improve this messaging is underway.
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
Finally sorted then - thanks.
Posted by 961a about 1 year ago
Binary 1
Yes. The £10 a month offer comes and goes on line but it's new customers only. As an existing ADSL customer the best I could get switching to fibre at the end of 12 months ADSL was free for 6 months and then £23. Staying on ADSL I got 12 months unlimited at £12.15 inc anytime calls (inc from Sept 20 by 70p) which basically suits me fine. When this 12 months ends it looks like I'll have to move to get best fibre rate which is a bit of a pain as BT has worked well for me
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
Well I've signed up for Infinity1 @ £10/month - I couldn't resist it as the fibre cab is directly outside my property.
BT estimate download 39 - 40 with lowest speed of 35
Posted by 961a about 1 year ago
zhango
Don't think you'll regret that
Posted by zhango about 1 year ago
I'm looking forward to it and it's a good offer without the Sainsbury Gift Card.
Posted by chrysalis about 1 year ago
andrew you still been fooled by their constant flip flopping of offers, meaning you doing news reports on minor tinkering to offers frequently.