Sky increasing cost of some TV packages
Thursday 19 March 2015 09:49:09 by Andrew Ferguson

Sky TV is set to cost more from the 1st of June and we have updated our package listings to incorporate the new prices. For those on the basic Original Bundle they escape the price rise, with the Complete bundle seeing the highest price rise of £4.50 per month. (Variety increases £2/m, Family £3/m, Movies 50p increase and Sports £1 rise).

If the price rise also applies to existing customers they should receive notification a month before the price rise takes effect. There are no voice line rental or broadband package price increases.

Comments

Posted by zyborg47 about 1 year ago
and people will just pay it and carry on regardless. Crazy that people pay that amount for all those repeats.
Posted by scottie4642 about 1 year ago
Got to pay to support the English Soccer leagues!
Dick Turpin wore a mask!
Posted by tujags about 1 year ago
As a SKY customer for many years I am seriously fed up with multi repeats, 20 mins of advertising in every hour even on pay channels. I want to be able to 'design' my own packages as the standard ones contain programs of no interest to me or alternatively just specify the channels I want.
Posted by ronraycol24 about 1 year ago
Once again Sky customers paying for wasteful non stop advertising, continual repeats and American second hand programmes. Until you threaten to leave they do not reward loyal customers. At least some of the other providers offer loyal customers deals.
Posted by michaels_perry about 1 year ago
The reason Sky is increasing many prices is that they paid far too much for the football coverage. Those of us who do not subscribe to any 'Sport' package are being asked to subsidise football fans which I find objectionable. If I wanted to pay for a sport coverage I'd pay the extra, but I'm not a fan of football so do not pay for it. Why should I now pay for something I don't have and don't want?
Posted by JeffB63 about 1 year ago
No terrestrial signal here so I have no choice other than using Sky. Annoys me that I have to pay extortionate prices just to watch any TV!
Posted by nadger about 1 year ago
@ JeffB63

Try Freesat with existing dish plus NOWTV
Posted by tomtreb about 1 year ago
I ditched Sky TV last year when subscriptions went up and moved to Freesat. It has saved me £50 per month. I'd recommend it to anyone, all you have to do is disconnect the Sky box and connect the same leads to a Freesat box, then follow on-screen instructions to set it up. Simple and straightforward.