Thousands rate their broadband providers and small is big
Monday 16 March 2015 09:51:49 by Andrew Ferguson

After many years of not highlighting our broadband provider ratings that thousands of you vote for every month, we thought it was worth giving them a bit more of an outing than the use Compare Broadband page.

Satisfaction ratings for the major broadband providers
Click image for full size version

The overall satisfaction rating is remarkably consistent for most providers over time and reveals that some of smaller more techie oriented providers are doing significantly better than the big name brands. There is of course the reliability and customer service ratings to take into account and people may want to seek out our monthly speed test results news item to get some idea of how the actual download and upload speeds vary between the providers and connection types.

Comments

Posted by roybranagan about 1 year ago
Two graphs measuring overall satisfaction showing different results. I don't get it?
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
The standard pages only allow you compare six providers at a time, hence have reproduced the two sets of six providers to show overall satisfaction for them all.

The colour codes are to the right of each graph.
Posted by baby_frogmella about 1 year ago
@Roy
Look on the extreme right...they are for different ISPs.
Posted by roybranagan about 1 year ago
Thanks. Stupid of me.
Posted by oliver341 about 1 year ago
No surprise to see AAISP near 100%. At the prices which AAISP charge, it wouldn't be long before a customer who was not satisfied left them!

AOL can probably be retired now, a dead, and probably neglected, brand: http://www.aolbroadband.co.uk/
Posted by zyborg47 about 1 year ago
I was a bit surprised to see AOL on here. A bit worried how low Plusnet is, but at least it is higher than Talk Talk. So far still happy with plusnet.
Posted by Teefenn1 about 1 year ago
"At the prices which AAISP charge, it wouldn't be long before a customer who was not satisfied left them!"
I certainly do not consider £25pcm particularly high for a fast & reliable uncongested ADSL+ connection. Particularly so when I can get my landline elsewhere for £9 and not be compelled to take the ISP's own expensive landline for about £16, as I would be with one of the larger ISPs such as Sky or TalkTalk.
Posted by FlappySocks about 1 year ago
"I certainly do not consider £25pcm particularly high"

Yes, but you don't get much data for that. If you start using Netflix on AAISP, you will soon know about it, especially on daytime business rates.
Posted by johnnyduk about 1 year ago
The best never comes cheap.......I have many Broadband circuits from AAISP and regularly watch netflix etc, I don't question paying more for excellent, knowledgable customer service, and uncongested lines. It puts BT and the others to shame in my view.
Posted by johnnyduk about 1 year ago
The difference is ........ AAISP care. The others just want your money, and for you not to bother them at all.
Posted by Tanaka71 about 1 year ago
Agreed. AAISP are good. If only they would bring down their daytime business rates. We have to queue up our large downloads for after 6pm. Downloading a Linux distro for example.
Posted by oliver341 about 1 year ago
@Teefenn1 I pay less than £25 per month for both landline and broadband. Furthermore, it's unlimited and uncongested. The TalkTalk network is actually very good, after all, AAISP do use it.
Posted by Teefenn1 about 1 year ago
oliver341,well good luck with that. AAISP use TalkTalk wholesale for their backhaul - not the same thing at all as having TalkTalk retail, which is largely congested at peak times because of under capacity.