100GB of free data for two months from EE on 4G
Thursday 27 November 2014 12:52:31 by Andrew Ferguson

100GB of free 4G data seems almost too good to be true, but it seems to be what EE is offering people who sign up for a Dan and Phil Limited Edition SIM.

The SIM will work for two months and you get 100GB of data included per month, so its perfect for seeing how the EE data network performs in your area and of course our speed test that is mobile friendly is the perfect way to test speeds and share the results with friends.

You have to sign-up for the SIM by 23:59 on 21st December 2014 and use the SIM within 14 days of it arriving. Update Friday 28th November: If you want to make calls/texts then a £10 top-up will be needed to active the SIM and this will buy you 250 minutes and unlimited texts that are available for 30 days.

Comments

Posted by otester over 2 years ago
Thanks.
Posted by XRaySpeX over 2 years ago
> 'A £10 top-up will be needed to active the SIM'

Not to activate the SIM. The data comes free. The top-up is only NEEDED if you want calls & SMS, just like any PAYG SIM.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 2 years ago
Have tweaked wording to reflect this, my tendency is to take conditions in the worst light.
Posted by otester over 2 years ago
This include 3G data right?
Posted by ianbb over 2 years ago
Looks like the topup is mandatory.

"Top up £10 before midnight on the day after you activate your SIM, it will be used automatically to buy 30 days of 250 minutes and unlimited texts."
Posted by ianbb over 2 years ago
Scrap my last comment, looks like yoou can get away without topping up initially, have ordered one too see!
Posted by XRaySpeX over 2 years ago
Just inserted the D & P SIM. Not paid a penny and got 'straight' (after delay finding weaker EE signal than O2 here) onto Net w/out activating anything.

No outgoing calls or SMS as I haven't topped up but can get incoming just like any PAYG SIM.

Data works over 3G or even lower.
Posted by WWWombat over 2 years ago
Does this SIM work in a mobile broadband device, or just phones?
Posted by rtho782 over 2 years ago
I've been using mine in an EE 4G dongle (e392 I think) and an EE osprey device. I'm currently away with work, using EE 4G to play games from my desktop at home via a VPN and Steam In Home Streaming.

Speedtest about 38mbit down, 4.8mbit up.
Posted by otester over 2 years ago
Just tried it in two dongles and my phone, works fine.

3G area, got 12Mbps down, couple of Mbps up, not bad.

Looking forward to trying 4G over xmas.