PlusNet updates offers and adds new 18 month contract option
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12:58:44 by Andrew Ferguson

The £50 cashback offer on the PlusNet 40/20 fibre based service may have ended at 23:59 on 11th November, but new offers have appeared for the ADSL2+ based services.

• Unlimited ADSL2+ £1.50 per month for 12 months, then £9.99 per month. 18 month contract. £70 cashback as a cheque for those that sign-up online.
  • Unlimited ADSL2+ on 12 month contract, £2.50 per month for 12 months. £70 cashback if you sign-up online and price is £9.99 per month after the minimum term.
  • Unlimited Fibre, free for six months then £14.99 per month. FTTC based service offering up to 38 Mbps download and 19.5 Mbps upload speeds. 18 month contract.

Offers run until 25th November 2014. Voice line rental at £15.95 is required, and prices listed are for low cost areas which cover the majority of UK households.

Posted by flippery about 1 year ago
£9.99 / month for me then £17.49 on Non LLU
Posted by gillsbay about 1 year ago
Surely you mean on a market A exchange
Posted by BREWERDAVE about 1 year ago
AFAIA market classifications haven't changed yet -still 1,2 or 3 ?
Posted by godsell4 about 1 year ago
New customers only? And it will be an extra £7/month for Market 1 people trapped on small BTW/BTO exchanges?
Posted by gillsbay about 1 year ago
I am on a (was) market 1 exchange which is rated market B under the new classification and I get the lower price.
Posted by zyborg47 about 1 year ago
I thought we was getting away from these stupid long contracts and going back to at least semi-decent 12 months ones. It seems like plusnet is going backwards, but the I suppose they do belong to bloated toad.
Posted by jt2354 about 1 year ago
First conversation with "John Lewis Broadband" customer services today after a wait in a queue and the username/password ended something like "... I'll get you your MAC key." A lie of course. He also took the time to advise that I should call them after using the MAC as I might be charged twice. I told him I did not want to call back.

After another wait "Craig" I think came on the line and asked how I was today.

"Getting grumpier by the minute as I've been on the phone 13 minutes so far".
Posted by jt2354 about 1 year ago
"You want to change your service to a cheaper provider, is that right?" "Yes, I'm fed up paying over £30 a month for crappy 2.5Mbit/sec broadband", I said.

"Let me see if there's something I can do... how about half the cost for your broadband, making it £9 a month for 12 months?"

"I just want the MAC key please."

"It will take up to five days".

OFCOM thinks this is a slick process to enable proper market operation. I think... oh never mind, wasted enough time on this already.