Free fibre based broadband and cashback from PlusNet
Wednesday 29 October 2014 10:03:58 by Andrew Ferguson

PlusNet has rejigged its broadband offers and is making the cost of buying a fibre based broadband service a little cheaper by offering the first six months for free (a saving of £89.94) as well £50 in the form of a cashback cheque. Voice line rental at £15.95 per month is a requirement of the offer (line rental saver options available).

• Unlimited Fibre Broadband, free for the first 6 months then £14.99 per month in low cost areas. £50 cashback. Up to 38 Mbps download speeds and up to 19.5 Mbps upload speeds. 18 month contract. Inclusive evening and weekend calls.
  • Unlimited ADSL2+ broadband, £2.50 per month for the 12 month minimum term, then £9.99 per month. £75 cashback. Up to 17 Mbps downloads. Inclusive weekend calls.

PlusNet low cost area covers around 84% of UK households, and offers are still available in the remaining 16% of the UK, just that price changes to £9.99/month (standard £17.49) for the ADSL2+ service. Outside the low cost areas the fibre service is still free for 6 months, but thereafter the monthly price will be £22.49 per month.

Cashback in the form of a cheque should be claimed by responding to an email you will receive in the first ten days after the service has gone live, the code in the email is valid for two months.

Comments

Posted by joe_pineapples over 2 years ago
Unless my maths is wrong, that's about £7.22pm for the 18mth contract period. Seems excellent value for an upto 38meg fibre service. Sky take note.
Posted by mike41 over 2 years ago
I haven't seen a company work so hard to lure new customers since TalkTalk six years ago. TT are only now beginning to rebuild some sort of reputation.

I'm not surprised to see increasing complaints regarding PN customer service. The PN agents seem just as helpful, but there aren't enough to assist thousands of new customers. PN needs to be careful ...
Posted by adslmax over 2 years ago
Would be nice if they do 80/20 for free for six months. Maybe they will do it soon.
Posted by cyberpieman over 2 years ago
I've been with PN for about 15 years & never had an issue with their customer service - the problem is when stuff has to be handed off to BT: THAT'S when the arguments start. BT will bend over backwards to prove that any problem on the line isn't their fault.
Posted by thexyone over 2 years ago
I thought Plusnet had been brought by BT. Anyway I'm with Plusnet and paying a lot more than that and getting a poor service, maybe they could do something about my charges or they will soon see me gone.
Posted by davethink over 2 years ago
With PlusNet for four years, initially on ADSL and subsequently FTTC. I've never had a significant problem nor any difficulty getting through to customer services.
If you want a better deal, just phone and ask what they can offer you.
Posted by yassou over 2 years ago
I have twice got the deal that was supposedly only for new customers and have now 54mb of fibre optic download speed (compared to at best 580kbps!!) at a great rate