New offers at PlusNet on unlimited broadband services
Wednesday 09 July 2014 09:17:04 by Andrew Ferguson

PlusNet has unveiled its next batch of offers and it includes a reduced price offer on the new 40/20 Unlimited Fibre service.

All three offers equate to a saving of £7.49 per month during the offer period, and the offer is available for new orders until 2nd September 2014.

Voice line rental is a requirement to get the products at these prices, line rental is £15.95 per month, a line rental saver option is available but you forego the inclusive evening and weekend calls with the 12 month deal.

Broadband only options are available, e.g. Unlimited Fibre is £17.49 if you take line rental from another provider. Also be aware that for some parts of the UK PlusNet will charge higher prices e.g. £24.99 per month on the unlimited fibre service, their availability checker will check this for you.

Posted by professor973 over 2 years ago
As usual, no mention of Market 1 prices from the TBB favorite ISP, just the headline grabbing prices.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 2 years ago
Market 1 price for fibre mentioned along with broadband only.
Posted by Sunnyl over 2 years ago
If you want reliable BB stay away from plusnet wait time for C/S over 20 minutes or 24 hours via the web, for a technology company shocking. Ever since BT took them over they have gone downhill every year. I speak from experience having used them for 5 years but now its a nightmare not worth the hassle. And I dont pay cheap either the services and prices they offer are not available in rural areas therefore we have to subsidise the people who can get the service at cheap rates, that is not far at all, its discrimination!
Posted by adslmax over 2 years ago
I have no problem with Plusnet. Take no notice of what Sunnyl troll !
Posted by Tallgeese101 over 2 years ago
My contracts just expired with them, whats the easiest way of renewing with an offer?
Posted by Michael_Chare over 2 years ago
@Tallgeese. Ring them up. You may need to speak to the cancellations (retentions) department to get the best deal.
Posted by Beechgrove72 over 2 years ago
I got offered £17.50 a month for 18 months (I also have phone with them)in market 1.
Posted by davethink over 2 years ago
I have been with Plusnet for 4 years and have had a very good experience.
Posted by brutos over 2 years ago
I have no issues with Plusnet been with them for about 7 months and I get constant 69mb with no issues. I moved from sky as they had major issues with my exchange with congestion and tried to deny it. Plusnet has been flawless and their forum has active CS staff who are always happy to help. Everyone experience will be different but don't make blanket statements to stay away from any ISP.
Posted by otester over 2 years ago
PusNet is good if you don't really utilize/use your connection.
Posted by NetGuy over 2 years ago
@otester - what are you trying to imply?

I'd challenge it, whatever it is (and I'm actually a customer, of course!)

I've had no problem going through 200-350 GB of data a month since I switched to 'unlimited' in December 2012. Seems perfectly good for my audio and video streams, NowTV and other kit, and major downloading sessions too.

Reliable and fast (with a static IP) fine for my mail server, too. Will be faster when I switch to FTTC.
Posted by Timalay over 2 years ago
It should be noted thinkbroadband, that the £17.50 fibre broadband only package is the upto 38mb package.
Posted by binary over 2 years ago
Interesting to see the new up to 38/40 Mbps offering. I'm contracted with them on their up to 76/80 Mbps service for some time to come, but actually get around 50 Mbps - when the contract period is up, I could save a fiver a month if I were to opt for the cheaper 38/40 Mbps service (though would probably have to commit to another 18 months). What price that extra 10 Mbps... hmm.
Posted by watsonm over 2 years ago
I agree with adslmax . I have been a customer since 2002 and have referred several friends and family. Always had a good response from customer support even when I am assisting others (ie not my account)
Posted by airds over 2 years ago
And there's an activation fee if you don't take the phone service
Posted by FINCASTLE84 over 2 years ago
I've just renewed my umlimited fibre, 76 down, 19 up, for £14.99 per month. I only waited 2 minutes to speak to the retention team.
Great company with fast, reliable BB. Highly recommended.
Posted by chrysalis over 2 years ago
andrew do you get told how to layout these promotional articles? as you consistently list prices exc line rental.
Posted by binary over 2 years ago
FINCASTLE84, no surprise you didn't wait long to speak to the retentions team because that's basically sales rather than support!

Re the £14.99 deal - I assume you take Plusnet line rental too? And this is an 18 month contract? (If so that's £45 less over the 18 months, not bad.)
Posted by carverdoone43 over 2 years ago
I have been with BT and Talktalk but Plusnet is way ahead in all departments I cannot fault them, but I dislike it when you have been with them for 12 months and they want to start moving the goal post insofar as extending the contract to 18 months and sticking up the charges this only encourage people to start hunting for a better deal I fail to see how there brain works on this.