Half price Plusnet unlimited fibre offer ends Sunday 8th June
Friday 06 June 2014 12:09:35 by Andrew Ferguson

The offers keep coming and PlusNet is the latest to try and entice people to their service. Their unlimited fibre based broadband service is available for £9.99 per month for the first six months, rising to the standard £19.99 for the rest of the 18 month contract.

Voice line rental via PlusNet is a requirement at £14.50 per month, a line saver option is available that reduces rental to the equivalent of £10.99 per month. An anytime calls bundle is available for £5/month extra.

Comments

Posted by JNeuhoff over 3 years ago
I think this news item is talking about http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

This page is highly mis-leading: Contrary to what PlusNet says (see e.g. http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/fibre-optic-broadband/#what-is) it is NOT fibre broadband, rather it is a form of a DSL service over a twisted pair copper wire going into the users premises.

For this reason alone I would never choose such a company.
Posted by mdar5 over 3 years ago
Look,
No one gives a bleeding toss anymore that what is being described as fibre BB from the likes of BT, Plusnet, Virgin and virtually the entire lot of them is not pure FTTP.
(and lets not get into GPON vs point to point FTTP please)

...and the ASA have said they can market FTTC it as fibre BB.

So given that you are not going to deal with them - who are you going to use then?
Posted by MCM999 over 3 years ago
@JNeuhoff Yet more pointless Neuhoff drivel. All you do is spam this forum with mindless posts. May I suggest standing away from the keyboard until you have something useful to contribute.
Posted by zyborg47 over 3 years ago
JNeuhoff have got a point.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
Plusnet will connect people to gea-fttp where it is available
Posted by adslmax over 3 years ago
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) 4 minutes ago
Plusnet will connect people to gea-fttp where it is available

no, they stopped using it. It's only let customers to try FTTP on trial basic. But, Plusnet ain't doing it anymore.
Posted by zyborg47 over 3 years ago
It does amaze me of the amount of people who think they have fibre, when it fact they don't. We really do need to set people right.
Posted by JNeuhoff over 3 years ago
@mdar5: "what is being described as fibre BB from the likes of BT, Plusnet, Virgin and virtually the entire lot of them is not pure FTTP"

Not true, BT does Infinity Option 3 or 4 in some areas, which is fibre broadband (see http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/faster-internet).

We don't mind VDSL, but companies should be honest in their product descriptions, PlusNet doesn't appear to be.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
Please note we moderate comments for foul language not opinions.
Posted by GMAN99 over 3 years ago
JNeuhoff , still banging that very very worn drum I see <sigh>
Posted by chris6273 over 3 years ago
I'm sorry but this article is VERY misleading!

It is ONLY applicable for people in Market 2/3 areas, NOT for people served by Market 1 exchanges.

I've checked their website and when putting my number and Postcode in, it's £16.99 a month and then it rises to £26.99 a month - NOT what is stated here.

There may be an excuse for using Fibre in their product names, but there's not excuse for labelling a product costing X on their homepage and then it shows it as costing Y when ordering - To me that's false advertising.
Posted by mdar5 over 3 years ago
.......I think the bits about the low/high cost area differences are in the legal details drop down tab at the bottom of the plusnet page.

As ever, always read the full details on any advert from anyone, anywhere at anytime to see all the T&C and the exclusions which are never put in the headline offer.

Posted by JNeuhoff over 3 years ago
I agree, reading the small print always makes sense.

PlusNet does what many similar providers do: Make bold generalised wrong claims on their homepage, and only when you dig deeper into the small print you'll find the truth.

Could be worse, county council's BDUK websites can be even more misleading.
Posted by michaels_perry over 3 years ago
The offer, whatever it was, ended last Saturday! It's no longer available.
Posted by FINCASTLE84 over 3 years ago
I'm enjoying my unlimited fibre & have just renewed my contract at £14.99 per month. Plusnet rewards customer loyalty.
Posted by yassou over 3 years ago
I agree with FINCASTLE. I now have a download speed of 46.94Mbps compared to 800Kbps on a very good day!!
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
Fibre offer ends today, but continues when the new PlusNet pricing changes kick in on Tuesday 10th.
Posted by OnFire over 3 years ago
New products are live on Plus.net
Products are now described as Totally Unlimited, so presumably Plusnet have removed the traffic prioritisation?
As ever Plusnet look like they have developed the site on a small budget, and the upload on the 38MB fibre product is currently incorrectly described as 20MB, and the line checker does not work on post code look up - if you do not have a phone number.
Posted by JNeuhoff over 2 years ago
@GMAN99:

"still banging that very very worn drum I see <sigh>"

Not sure what you are talking about, Freddy.

Posters here have expressed their concerns about companies like PlusNet coming up with misleading product descriptions and/or headlines on their websites.