Price rises over on NOW TV
Thursday 01 May 2014 14:02:07 by Andrew Ferguson

NOW TV which allows you to watch a selection of Sky Entertainment channels, Sky Movies or Sky Sports depending on which passes you buy is set to increase in price. From the 29th May a monthly Entertainment pass will increase from £4.99 to £6.99, Movies pass increases will increase by a pound to £9.99 per month and the Sky Sports pass remains at £9.99 per day.

For those who are want to avoid this price rise for as long as possible, buying a NOW TV box with an Entertainment, Movies or Sports pass may be the best option. You can get a 6 months Entertainments pass and NOW TV box for £34.99, which bought standalone at current prices would be £39.93. The movies bundle with a 5 month pass at £34.99 would normally cost £54.94 or £59.94 after the price rise.

Update Friday 2:30pm We have checked and the broadband and NOW TV bundles are not affected by these price changes, so the £12.50/m for 12 months on broadband plus NOW TV movies pass offers an even larger saving over buying broadband and a NOW TV pass separately. Voice line rental charges apply and is a 12 month minimum term.

Posted by brandscill over 2 years ago
The price of the sky sports day pass is just ridiculous.
Posted by astateoftrance over 2 years ago
I subscribe to the entertainment pass, £6.99 is still reasonable but I want full HD, the quality difference is really noticeable between NOW TV and Netflix.
Posted by Spectre_01 over 2 years ago
the can keep it.
Posted by adslmax over 2 years ago
Who care? I am glad I am no longer with Sky as a TV subscriptiom. As I don't watch TV anymore. I more often watch online free sky sports streaming as it free anyway.
Posted by jroadley over 2 years ago
Lack of HD content puts me off (When for cheaper I can get Netflix in "Super HD").

That said, the NowTV box is great for OTT services such as iPlayer and 4OD etc.
Posted by astateoftrance over 2 years ago
Agree that Netflix is much better quality and they are making some great original TV series now but Sky still has many of my favourite TV shows (like Game of Thrones) which is why I subscribe to NOW TV. Hopefully they will make it full HD soon, bit annoying that I'm paying for low quality when I could so easily pirate a high quality copy.
Posted by otester over 2 years ago
Apparently that new Popcorn Time app is going to put paid services out to dry.
Posted by swills over 2 years ago
A person said they can view Sky Sports free via streaming, is that not a tad 'dodgy' viewing ??
Posted by nadger over 2 years ago
It was announced on 2nd May that NOWTV price increases have been put on hold for time being. New 12 episode 24 series will be available soon.
Posted by airds over 2 years ago
Just bought one last week with a 4 month Entertainment pass from Argos for around £26.

Will get the all the Mad Men series and all the Game of Thrones up to date -the only thing not to like is the 720p - but hardly notice it if the content is good enough ...

All the other channels work well eg can pull all my pics from Flickr, music from Spotify, videos from vimeo etc. Experimenting with Plex - plenty info on the web to add it via a Developers 'application test' route...
Posted by m0aur over 2 years ago
I find the Vip tv Box much better value.