Broadband offer round-up including £100 vouchers from BT
Friday 07 February 2014 11:33:39 by Andrew Ferguson

Without fail every week the broadband offers change and this week sees the return of the high value Sainsbury Gift Cards on the BT broadband products. Some of the offers we have updated on our extensive provider listings this week are:

As is the norm for broadband products, voice line rental is required, so add the £15.40 (Sky/TalkTalk), Primus line rental varies (£14.50 or £14.90) or £15.99 (BT) on top of any broadband pricing

• Unlimited BT Broadband, £8/m for 6 months then £16/month and a £50 Sainsbury's Gift Card. 18 month contract.
  • Unlimited BT Infinity 1 (40/10 product), £16 per month for three months (then £23/month). £100 Sainsbury Gift Card. 18 month contract
  • Unlimited ADSL2+ with Primus Saver, £2/m for six months, rising to £4/m thereafter. 18 month contract.
  • Up to 38 Mbps unlimited broadband with Primus Saver £8/m for three months then £16/month, £20 credit on the first bill, 18 month contract.
  • TalkTalk PlusTV, £15.50 per month. £50 shopping voucher, 18 month contract. Includes unlimited broadband, YouView HD PVR, unlimited anytime calls.
  • Sky Unlimited Broadband Half price broadband for 12 months, £3.75/m for existing Sky TV customers, or £5/m on its own for the 12 month minimum contract term.
  • Sky Complete TV/broadband bundle Free unlimited broadband for 12 months, and 25% off the price of the TV package. So £51.75 for 12 months, then £74.75 thereafter. Includes Sky Movies, Sky Sports all in HD and 3D channels. Free broadband and 25% off also available on other Sky TV/broadband bundles, including Original, Family, Movies or Sports Bundles.

Update 11th February 2014 There are a couple more offers worth adding to this summary page:

• PlusNet unlimited fibre and phone, £12.50 per month for the first nine months, then £19.99 per month.
  • Virgin Media is running until the 19th a credit offer ranging in value from £50 to £100 depending on which phone+broadband, or TV+broadband+phone package you order (the entry level starter collection is excluded).

Posted by zhango over 3 years ago
How can Primus make a profit with unlimited BB at £4/month?
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
Utilise full llu
Posted by zyborg47 over 3 years ago
I thought 18 month contracts was being dropped again slowly and we was going back to 12 months, but it seems not. the only provider in that lot with a 12 month contract is Sky, which is no surprise to be honest.
I took a 2 year one with the one I am with now, which is not normal for me, but i can't see myself going for anything longer than 12 months again, if I ever do change a to another provider.
Posted by michaels_perry over 3 years ago
And what about the current BT advert on TV for Infinity free for 6 months and then £15 per month thereafter? That's interesting as it sets Infinity at a price lower than ADSL broadband, but only for areas where it is available, so not most rural areas then!
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
That Infinity TV advert is probably the same product as

TV does sometimes carry different offers to online listings.

20GB usage allowance on FTTC is not that useful in my opinion.
Posted by vimtogirl over 3 years ago
Infinity is not cheaper than ADSL. (With a usage cap, ADSL is £10/mth, Infinity 1 is £15/mth. Unlimited ADSL is £16/mth, unlimited Infinity 1 is £23/mth.)

Add up all the discounts, vouchers and cashback available, you can move to BT Infinity 2 for under £15/mth for 18 months. (When I pointed that out to the Plusnet sales guy, he got very hot and bothered and told me to "go with BT then". So I did.)
Posted by csimon over 3 years ago
Discounts, vouchers, cashback, packages, offers....I'm beginning to think the telecomms market needs simplification in their tariffs like the energy companies so that it makes it easier to compare. Be honest, is anyone here able to compare all the above easily, never mind someone who's not quite as tech-minded.
Posted by mnewbigging over 3 years ago
I am currently with BT but will be leaving in May, never to return. My contract went from Jan 2013 to Jan 2014. I ordered BT Sport in May 2013 which apparently updated my contract to May 2014. No problem except that the discount I had negotiated as an existing customer ran out in Jan so I have to pay full price until May. BT will offer the world to new customers but don't care about existing ones. They will consider a discount only in May when my contract is up so I am leaving. I have been a BT customer for a long time but they are quite prepared to let me go.
Posted by JNeuhoff over 3 years ago
How much better would it be if companies like BT would actually start providing proper telecom services instead of wasting money on dubious voucher schemes, or BT Sport, or other non-telecom adventures!