Sky offering free unlimited broadband with TV bundles
Friday 31 January 2014 13:19:12 by Andrew Ferguson

Sky has just increased the appeal of its various satellite TV packages by making the ADSL2+ broadband component free for the 12 month minimum term. The TV packages including the Original, Family, Movies, Sports and Complete bundles also have the TV element reduced by 25% for the first twelve months. The most popular bundles are in our Sky broadband listing section.

There is of course the matter of voice line rental that must be paid to obtain the free broadband service, which is the standard Sky price of £15.40 per month. Existing Sky TV customers who upgrade to Sky Movies or the Sky Sports bundle can benefit from 12 months free broadband.

The unlimited broadband service is normally priced at £7.50 per month or £10 per month if you don't take a TV package, but the old offer of half price broadband for those signing up to Sky is running for a couple of days longer, though we expect it to vanish anytime between now and Monday 3rd February 2014.

For those wanting to take advantage of the half price for six months fibre broadband offer this has a very limited time to run too, so hurry if you are considering taking advantage of it.

Posted by meldrew over 3 years ago
You have to ask if the mental effort negotiating these deals is actually worth it. I have a very good broadband deal with Plusnet and with Sky I have no "contract" so I can turn it on for the football season and off again when I am out and about more. Surprisingly, the more you cancel Sky the cheaper it gets but I have to admit feeling guilty about it!
Posted by timmay over 3 years ago
I wonder if they will review their FTTC prices. 80Mbps is £10 more expansive than other providers.
Posted by zyborg47 over 3 years ago
I don't think I will bother, too rubbish on sky for the price they charge, I will stick with my Netflix.
Posted by joe_pineapples over 3 years ago
@timmay, I wondered the samething when you can get TalkTalk unlimted (upto)38meg for £12.50pm (regular price) an Sky charge £20pm.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 3 years ago
Talktalk is the 40/2 product
Sky is the 40/10
Posted by joe_pineapples over 3 years ago
Fair enough, though from my own point of view I'd only be getting around 21meg down max (no idea on what upload would be), so it still looks more appealing price wise.
Posted by sparraneil over 3 years ago
@meldrew - wouldn't feel guilty - if hey are willing to reduce price to keep your business that means THEY were changing YOU too much before. In capitalism everything is worth what someone will pay for it, and you don't get many more capitalist than Sky.
Posted by meldrew over 3 years ago
Sparraneil, Thanks,I feel much better for reading that! Have also done a pricematch to buy an iPad from JL at Argos prices - the money you can save with the internet!!