Annual price rise season is upon us once more at Plusnet
Thursday 01 August 2013 15:47:02 by
PlusNet has announced a round of price changes that will
take effect in October 2013. There is no great shock value, as for a few years
some prices like voice line rental have seen annual price rises, of course
there is the option of pre-paying for 12 months line rental.
- For those who took Home Phone (and have not changed) from PlusNet before
May 8th 2013, voice line rental will rise from £13.99 a month to £14.99.
NOTE: This price rise only applies if you pay £13.99 for voice
line rental now, standard list price is £14.50 if you were to sign up
- Line Rental Saver for call plans with £14.99 a month line rental will be
£137.88 (equivalent monthly price of £11.49 per month). Existing line rental
saver customers if nearing the end of their 12 months can renew earlier to
secure the pre-October price.
- Talk Anytime call plan will increase from £4/month to £4.50/month.
- Talk Anytime International call plans will increase from £6/month to
- Details of changes to call charges are on the PlusNet site.
- Customers on the old Value or Extra broadband packages who
do not take a Home Phone service from PlusNet will see a £1.50 per month
- Notice period will increase to 14 days from the current 10
- Cease charge which should only apply in cases where you are ceasing
services in a property, (e.g. account cancelled without migrating to another
provider) will increase from £25 to £30.
Those people with a PlusNet service should get an email notifying them of
the changes, so it is worth keeping an eye out for this, particularly if it is
sent to an account you do not use a lot.
Update Friday 2nd August We had previously said that people
opting for line rental saver would lose their inclusive Weekend calls package,
but if you are currently paying line rental of £13.99 (as opposed to list price
of £14.50) you will still retain your inclusive Evening & Weekend calls
package when opting for line rental saver, and if done before October 1st it
will cost £125.88 avoiding the price rise.