Tesco offers free streamed content to Clubcard members
Tuesday 12 February 2013 09:59:52 by Andrew Ferguson

Netflix and Lovefilm Instant may be the two biggest names in the streamed film marketplace, but blinkbox has not given up the fight and for Tesco Clubcard members beating free will be difficult to achieve.

Update 11:30am Tesco responded quickly to a twitter enquiry to confirm that currently the service is in trial with staff prior to a full roll-out to Clubcard members.

All you need is your Tesco Clubcard number and a few details to confirm you are the account holder and you should have free access to a library of movies and TV series on your PC. The featured catalogue is not the most inspiring with Justic League and Cheesecake Casserole featuring along better known names like Care Bears and Two Pints of Lager & A Packet of Crips.

Normally we try and sign-up and give people an idea of the quality of streaming, but either we have got all our details wrong (most likely) or the sign-up process is broken. Compared to the libary of other services the impression we do get is that it is even more bargain £1 movies than other services - but then it is free.

Comments

Posted by dave_f about 1 year ago
I wasn't able to register either so I suspect the sign up process is broken. The failure occured on the last step when it asks you to enter your "Privilege Card Number". My standard clubcard number wasn't recognised
Posted by pcoventry76 about 1 year ago
I managed to sign up. It might be hard to beat free but also it's not the sort of content I would pay more than 1p for anyway. It's rubbish basically!
Posted by reece1605 about 1 year ago
Its limited to staff members only at the moment (when it is asking for Privilege card number thats the internal staff card number).
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) about 1 year ago
Have asked on twitter like you do these days.
Posted by welshwarrior about 1 year ago
Had an email back from Support after being unable to signup - it's limited to Staff at the moment and will be for the forseeable future before being rolled out to Customers.
Posted by PhilCoates about 1 year ago
Not looking forward to this on my sub 1 Mbps connection, just as well the films are crap.
Posted by litesp33d about 1 year ago
Who wants to watch My Little Pony, Horse of the Year and Black Beauty. All this horse repeats. Buurpp! Pardon me.
Posted by Gzero about 1 year ago
Dune is on there though! :D
The categories and searching is hopeless though.
Posted by pcoventry76 about 1 year ago
It's on netflix too - which for £5.99 a month is much better.
Posted by chrysalis about 1 year ago
netflx using a USA based ip seems the best service. To give you an idea, if I search for films with prison in the name using my home ip I get about 25 hits, if I then access netflix using one of my usa based ips (via proxy) suddently its over 160 hits. So I think lvoefilm and this cant touch usa based netflix.