TalkTalk continues to grow its fully unbundled service
Thursday 26 July 2012 09:41:25 by Andrew Ferguson

TalkTalk has published its latest quarterly results the first ones for the financial year 2012/2013. They now have 3,096,000 on their fully unbundled network, growing by 10% in the last 12 months, and 30,000 in the quarter. The reduction in overall customers to 4,047,000 is because of reductions in the number of off-net and broadband-only subscriptions, with 146,000 leaving over the course of the year.

The network based parental controls system HomeSafe continues to grow in popularity, with 440,000 activations since its launch, and this option has now been extended to the AOL Broadband customers.

Churn and levels of complaints have been an ongoing concern for TalkTalk, and there are positive signs in this area, with reductions in call volumes to support, and complaints to Ofcom falling 28% in the last quarter. The launch of a free YouView box for Plus customers is likely to help reduce churn too.

Comments

Posted by searcher100 over 4 years ago
As a customer who has had nothing but good service and very few problems with the connection I have never had the need to call to complain and I suppose there are very many more in a similar situation
Posted by Paul-B over 4 years ago
I'm the same. I moved to TalkTalk from Zen Internet just over 4 years ago, when TalkTalk unbundled my exchange. From paying Zen Internet £35/month for their business broadband service, which gave me a cap of 50Gb/month and speeds of around 4Mbps and I had to pay BT for all calls and for the line rental, my move to TalkTalk business package, which is uncapped, includes line rental and all UK calls and costs me £26/month is superb. I now get 11-14 Mbps d/l and around 1.4 u/l.
Posted by mikehuk over 4 years ago
I also praise TalkTalk, I must have been one of their first customers to sign up after a very bad time with the old NTL. TalkTalk has been reliable, fast, 40Gb download, reasonable charges and have responded well on the odd times I have needed help.
Posted by scottie4642 over 4 years ago
I too have been a customer with Talk Talk for several years. I also had many problems with their useless Overseas Call Centre.
Being more than 2 miles from the Exchange my download is never more than 2 Mbps!!!My latest problem turned out to be caused by BT Open Reach (Or whatever the call BT Engineers now!) not fixing a connection problem. After 3 weeks and 3 visits a 4th engineer actually went to where his equipment told him the problem was, temporarily fixed it an I am now back up to speed. There has been to sign of Bt actually doing a permanent repair!
Posted by jayarte over 4 years ago
@scottie4642 Were you charged for the engineer visits? I ask because I have a long term (almost 3 yrs) intermittent problem with my phone line and Zen internet didn't charge to arrange an engineer visit, but Yourcalls (phone provider) did and would only drop to charging me half the total amount after much arguing on my part. My problems with the line persist, but I daren't ask for another visit in case I'm charged again.