Take part in our Broadband Survey!
Monday 25 June 2012 00:49:35 by Sebastien Lahtinen

We have this morning launched a new broadband survey so that we can build a picture of how broadband is being used in the UK. You can take part if you live in the UK, whether or not you currently subscribe to a broadband service, so whether you're cruising in the fast lane of fibre optic broadband or you're struggling to get a decent broadband connection, please take some time to fill in this survey:

www.broadbandsurvey.org.uk

This survey will help us to identify the key concerns of users as well as understand how broadband is used in different households. Those filling in the survey will also have a chance to win a New iPad 32GB Wi-Fi

Comments

Posted by John_Gray over 4 years ago
"you're cruising in the fast last of fibre optic broadband"

Perhaps fast LANE?!
Posted by herdwick over 4 years ago
speedtest bit didn't work on Chrome browser / Linux
Posted by AndrueC over 4 years ago
The BT speedtester is pants. The only way I can run it is to use IE9. Even then I had to manually install Java for IE because the link the tester takes you to doesn't work.
Posted by zhango over 4 years ago
I started the survey and got to 27% then my BB connection dropped when I clicked 'Next'. I reconnected to start survey again but was told I had completed it so sorry for only part finished. My BB is reliable so did your survey cause the drop or just coincidence?
The BB speed test worked for me.
Posted by MrTAToad2 over 4 years ago
Here's hoping that I win the iPad!
Posted by skipper734 over 4 years ago
As zhango. So no iPad.
Posted by plod over 4 years ago
Speedtest worked fine for me using Chrome browser ver. 19.0.1084.56 on Windows 7.
Posted by perksie over 4 years ago
Survey completed ok for me.
Posted by seb (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
@zhango: I've sent you an e-mail with a link you can use to complete it.
Posted by seb (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
@herdwick: Do you have Flash installed? I'm not concerned if you didn't get to run the test in the survey as we're not going to focus on those test results alone but would be interested to know if you have Flash just in case it affects our other testers.
Posted by seb (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
@zhango: Your e-mail address (the one you registered with us) is bouncing as "Account Inactive" - drop us an e-mail on team@thinkbroadband.com saying what you did above and we'll send you a link. Also update your address on your profile ("My profile" on the top right of this page when logged in).
Posted by timmay over 4 years ago
Jesus that was a long survey!
Posted by millingworth over 4 years ago
Survey did not include a chance to comment on the survey itself. I would have liked to indicate the questions that had multiple choice answers that excluded the true answer. (eg own domain email with forwarder to email at ISP, to enable change of ISP)
Posted by herdwick over 4 years ago
Chrome handles Flash itself, I'll check with firefox and do some diagnostics this evening.
Posted by zhango over 4 years ago
@seb: Thanks and survey completed ok this time - must have been me.
Posted by technowhizz over 4 years ago
tried doing the survey on a iphone, and when it gets to the question about dragging items over in order of importance, you cant on an iphone.. therefore i cant complete it unless i do it on a laptop...
Posted by seb (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
@timmay: We cut it down a lot and tested it with users to try and make sure we could get a good number of responses whilst getting useful data. The general feedback was it was 'ok' and the automated testing matches the typical survey lengths people are willing to complete.
Posted by seb (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
@technowhizz: We tested it on an iPad before and it showed an option to type in the order into text boxes. This is what it should show you?
Posted by awoodland over 4 years ago
The survey seems to be a bit flawed - it keeps talking about quotas/FUP. I don't have a quota/FUP, but I do pay for what I use which was important to me, but not in the way the survey implies.
Posted by chrysalis over 4 years ago
the how long it take isp to fix fault, I laughed when the longest possible answer was a week, VM took over 6 months to fix my slow speed fault.
Posted by mazadillon over 4 years ago
There's no option when talking about wifi security to say "I deliberatly don't secure my wifi"
Posted by data0003 over 4 years ago
Tried to do the survey but it comes up with that I have already done it which I haven't