Sky Cloud WiFi app released
Thursday 12 April 2012 17:09:20 by Andrew Ferguson

Sky has released its Sky Cloud WiFi application, that will make it easier for Sky Broadband customers to log on and use The Cloud hot-spots for free.

The app itself is free in the Apple App Store and Google Play store, and allows you to register the device it is running, with a limit of six devices linked to your Sky Broadband web login.

Sky Cloud WiFi App
Click image for larger version

The maps scale for larger screens, but using an Asus Transformer Prime (Ice Cream Sandwich) reveals a bug, where the application is firmly stuck in phone screen orientation mode, ignoring screen rotation requests.

Comments

Posted by pcoventry76 over 2 years ago
I got it today - it's brill and so is the cloud service :)
Posted by otester over 2 years ago
Can't wait to try this next time I crawl out from under my rock.
Posted by browney over 2 years ago
mine says "Sorry, you are not eligible for this service."
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 2 years ago
@browney Users on Everyday Lite (the free 2GB product) dont get the WiFi option

If you are on connect or the unlimited services, then try phoning them
Posted by browney over 2 years ago
Im on unlimited, other users reporting the same problem on the sky forum.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 2 years ago
As in

Just registered on iOS and it worked here.
Posted by browney over 2 years ago
yes. its a great idea im sure it'll be working for me soon
Posted by offcs over 2 years ago
Add me to the people who are on Sky Unlimited but are told they are not eligible. I'll phone them tomorrow and see what the problem is.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 2 years ago
If there is an easy solution let us know, and I'll add a few words to the article
Posted by offcs about 1 year ago
Sky now have a forum entry http://bit.ly/Irvu7I for customers with this problem. They are PM'ing customers and requesting account details. I have given them mine and await a response. They have told some customers that it can take 7 days before their account works.
Posted by nw_snapper about 1 year ago
Connection was no problem for me. All 4 devices I have used both iOS and Android work perfectly.

Now if we can just persuade Sky to increase the number of Sky Go logins from the currently restrictive 2.