Three to take 3G mobile broadband to Ceredigion region of Wales
Thursday 08 March 2012 19:33:20 by Andrew Ferguson

Three as part of its collaboration with The Countryside Alliance and Race Online 2012 has brought 3G mobile services to the Ceredigion region of Wales.

Twenty families and businesses will be provided with MiFi mobile broadband devices, and a community hotspot will be created in the Royal British Legion Hall in Aberaeron offering free connection to those within range.

The enabling of 3G in the area is the result of some £1m spent upgrading the network and builds on previous work to provide good 3G broadband speeds in areas of the UK that have poor broadband coverage, both fixed and wireless.

Posted by EnglishRob over 5 years ago
That's great news for the folks in Ceredigion, okay probably not as fast as putting fibre in but I guess in the future with infrastructure now in place it I guess it wouldn't cost that much money to upgrade to LTE in the future.

Now cue comments from CD about it not being pure fibre to every home :-)

Posted by jmvincent over 5 years ago
This is great that at least one company is not forgetting about us in Wales while all these benifits are going to England & Scotland. I'm glad it's 3 doing something about the Rural areas over in West Wales. The other Networks are just to lazy.
Posted by creakycopperline over 5 years ago
bet it's piss poor speed though, only good for looking at slow loading web pages.
Posted by rjohnloader over 5 years ago
As a 3 customer living in Wensleydale, much of which is served by long lengths of BT aluminium so no/slow broadband, I'd be grateful if my 3 phone worked 2G!
Posted by bigluap over 5 years ago
Dont expect spectacular speeds using a MiFi, I used to get +5 Mbps on a dongle but get 3.2 Mbps using an E586 MiFi & that is within 500 metres of a mast.