BE Wholesale launch SDSL at over 1300 exchanges
Tuesday 04 October 2011 19:20:27 by Andrew Ferguson

A symmetric service that offers up to 2.5 Mbps for both upload and downloads does not seem that exciting, but to businesses looking to boost their upload speeds, for pushing content to data centres, supporting more VoIP lines or larger numbers of remote workers it will be important.

BE Wholesale has launched its BE Business SDSL-M service at the 1300 exchanges the firm already offers its ADSL2+ services from. Two variants are available, an ADSL2+ style with higher download speeds, or one of two symmetric options with speeds of 1.3Mbps and 2.5Mbps. The service also includes low levels of contention across the BE network and unlimited usage, along with 1, 4 or 16 static IP address options. Crucially for business use the products come with Enhanced Support and a 6 hour fix SLA agreement.

Obviously while the service is not offering the high upstream speeds that fibre-to-the-cabinet (FTTC) can offer, the availability and support of an SLA will make it of more interest to businesses, where reliability can outweigh the desire for raw speed.

Posted by epyon over 5 years ago
They have had it on there site for ages

but they just launched it ?
Posted by PeteK over 5 years ago
I don't understand all the PR on this. All Telefonica wholesalers, including BE Wholesale have had this in the product set for ages. It is about 12 months old to us roughly..
Posted by tommy45 over 5 years ago
Well unless they have some other secret network for this wholsale product they maywell find themselves in the doggy doo doo,As far as their SLA bit goes, currently most of be's customers are being affected by packetloss,which is possibly congestion,how are they going to solve that within 6hrs?,lol (low contention i would ask that they define it as Easynet do ie, 20:1 10:1 5:1, ratio)
Posted by PeteK over 5 years ago
The wholesale network is logically segregated from the retail ones, and I can assure you there is no packet loss across what I am only prepared to describe as a "substantial" number of tails..
Posted by nredwood over 5 years ago
Yes, BE Wholesale is a different network and can be the resellers / wholesalers own

For example, AAISP Be users are not seeing the issues we are as far as I'm aware
Posted by Guest_Again over 5 years ago
Bye to _be_ from me - funny how tests went 'up-to' 13.5meg d/l in the last week - Was better than the default 10meg I'd had, even w/sync of 18meg+. Of course.
Sync was -17.5meg and speed went upto.. soz, down-to 0.6meg. WOW!...
My sync status went from an 'A' to a 'B-'. Felt like a 'D' speedwise sumtimes.
Used to be 21.[summat?] at the start. Real pity I tried their _bonding_.
Pity. Were v. good. :-(
Posted by Dixinormous over 5 years ago
Years late, EFM / FTTC leave this solution behind.
Posted by Oddball over 5 years ago
All I want is 10mbit up so I can stream HD video from home :)