TalkTalk launch mobile phone and mobile broadband services
Tuesday 02 November 2010 13:14:00 by John Hunt

TalkTalk have officially announced the launch of their mobile and mobile broadband packages which are available now. These products come following a deal signed between TalkTalk and Vodafone earlier this year which allows TalkTalk customers to use the Vodafone network through a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) agreement. All products are currently only available to existing TalkTalk customers. The mobile voice products offer a sim-only mobile service with two different options available for customers to take:

Mobile Essentials Mobile Plus
Monthly £10 £30
Landline calls 5p per minute* Unlimited^
Mobile Calls 5p per minute* Unlimited^
International calls
(36 destinations)
5p per minute* Unlimited^
Text messages 5p per text* Unlimited^
Mobile Internet 50p per day (25MB per day) 75p per day (150MB per month)
Contract 30 days notice 30 days notice

* If you use more than the £10 bundle, minutes and texts are charged at 10p rather than 5p.
^ Subject to combined £200 per month fair usage policy.

Only one mobile broadband product is offered which gives a USB dongle for £10 per month with a £29.99 one-off charge for the USB modem. If you use more than the 1GB of data, then excess charges of 10p per MB will apply. The mobile broadband product is also available on a one-month rolling contract so again just 30-days notice is required to terminate. TalkTalk have yet to announce any bundle deals which would allow them to offer triple-play products (although not the usual three) of home phone, broadband and mobile all bundled together.

Posted by cyberdoyle over 6 years ago
Shame. We can't get a decent vodaphone signal round here. or Tmobile. Or orange actually.
That looks quite a handy little package even though data is limited. I guess the 'unlimited' is a gig a month? can anybody find the small print?
Hopefully when we get more coverage in the north west we can take advantage of these modern things. until then we'll stick to CB radios and carrier pigeons.
Posted by john (Favicon staff member) over 6 years ago
Not unlimited data. The dongle gives 1GB of data a month for £10. If you use more it's 10p per MB which is on the expensive side of the average.
Posted by chrysalis over 6 years ago
so mobile plus is £200 worth of usage, a fixed limit thats not even hidden. ASA grow some brains.
Posted by asrobs over 6 years ago
Am I crazy or does it appear that to get mobile plus I would have to forfet 600 mb and pay 75p a day or pay 50p a day and get 750mb? this is a mistake.MOBILE INTERNET IS THE PROBLEM.
Posted by Cashpot over 6 years ago
I am a huge mobile broadband user (I like to listen to overseas radio in my car) and have two Three and a BT dongle plus a MiFi which I use when I require radio access. I am lucky in being on a half price Three tarrif! What customer base are TalkTalk aiming their product at? As far as I can see Three offers much better coverage and service with the Vodafone network lagging seriously behind. Unless there were to be a Vodafone mast outside where I needed regular contact then I can't see any reason for joining TalkTalk.
Posted by fronswa over 6 years ago
Ah... alas I have just left Vodafone due to their ten year antics over paying tax in Luxembourg.