Virgin Media to launch '100 meg' broadband in 2010
Thursday 25 February 2010 07:14:44 by Sebastien Lahtinen

Virgin Media has this morning announced that it will begin rolling out a '100 meg' broadband service by the end of the year.

"There is nothing we can't do with our fibre optic cable network, and the upcoming launch of our flagship 100Mb service will give our customers the ultimate broadband experience. Just as we led the way by launching the UK’s first ever next generation service, we want to keep giving our customers the very best broadband available, by investing in technological innovation and transforming the experience they have when they are online. The launch of Virgin Media’s 100Mb service will be a historic moment and will mean the UK will be comparable to other leading broadband nations."

Neil Berkett, CEO, Virgin Media

The company has also announced it will be expanding its 200Mbps trials to Coventry, with some users in Kent already testing the super-fast broadband service. It says this will help to focus on future technologies such as home teleconferencing and on-demand HD downloads.

This move will put pressure on BT which is currently rolling out its 'up to 40 meg' services which use similar fibre-to-the-cabinet (FTTC) technology already deployed widely within Virgin Media's network. There has been some speculation recently that Virgin may be looking to provide wholesale cable broadband services, although strategically the company is in a stronger position by taking advantage of its unique infrastructure.

Virgin Media has also published its fourth quarter results for 2009. The most interesting figures with respect to broadband are that the number of customers on its 20Mbps and 50Mbps cable products has increased by 45% to 560,300 in the last 12 months, and the number of 50Mbps customers is 41,400 an increase of 81% since the previous quarters results. The sharp rise in 50Meg numbers, is likely to be a result of the price drop and a greater awareness of the product availability.

Comments

Posted by cyberdoyle over 4 years ago
go Virgin GO.
nice to see a telco not relying on obsolete copper and 'up to 2meg'. Once the fibre is in then upgrading is easy. Gigabit or bust.
Posted by DougM over 4 years ago
Virgin currently offers me their National service with an estimated throughput of 500Kbps. I'm not in a rural area, I'm in a borough of Basingstoke with ~4000 homes.

BT upgraded only 77 of 171 cabinets with FTTC and most appear to be located to tempt Virgin's customers, who now have a choice of 50Mbps Virgin, 40Mbps FTTC or 10Mbps+ ADSL2+

The irony is that I'd have paid up-to £100/mo for a decent connection, but there is no supplier willing to install the infrastructure into the empty CATV ducts laid throughout this borough.
Posted by andrew (Favicon staff member) over 4 years ago
To Cyberdoyle: The fibre with Virgin is only to the street cabinet.

But the coax cable (metal) does well at carrying DOCSIS signals.
Posted by jrawle over 4 years ago
100Mb/s broadband, but after you've downloaded at that speed for 20 seconds at peak time, your daily usage allowance is used up and it's throttled to 1Mb/s.
Posted by cyberdoyle over 4 years ago
hi Andrew, I know its coax but at least the fibre is in the area... my friend is on it. this is his speed (urban blackburn)http://www.speedtest.net/result/727421072.png he told me he was getting 100 meg 'cos his computer said he was'. I told him to do a speedtest. He was amazed when his results showed only 2 meg. he has virgin cable into his house. (think he's throttled)
Posted by docki over 4 years ago
@jrawle,

Says who? The 50mbps service has not had any limit on it while it has been running. Why should 100mbps.

I have just moved out of a house where I had virgin. Dam seems I am gonna miss this boat :( never mind
Posted by Locky over 4 years ago
no mention of upstream... typical even tho the fttc has a max of 10 meg i dont think virgins 100 meg will come close to that...
Posted by GMAN99 over 4 years ago
Once again, nice headline grabber but why don't they plough into getting 95% coverage instead of faster speeds that only half the country can access
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
Because they want to make money GMAN, why waste money deploying networks they'll never get their money back on especially given the financial issues from the 'cherry' areas.

100Mbit, not really a persuasive product to me but devil in detail.
Posted by whatever2 over 4 years ago
what's the upload?
Posted by doowles over 4 years ago
Anyone know the upload speeds?
Posted by redserpent over 4 years ago
Wonder if they will ever upgrade Slough from analogue cable to digital.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
Interesting story if they dont limit speed this could be an attractive service. BT need to put their game face on, they have basically lost the ADSL2+ battle to cheaper, faster LLU services with this news and the recent i3/fibrecity news the future battlefield of fibre services will be interesting, great news for the consumer especially as we have not heard what companies like Sky and O2 will do yet. Will BT lose the fibre war also?
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
Agreed with others though upstream will also be important with regards to future fibre based services, Virgin now need to concentrate on that. The company that can offer fast upload and download speeds with resonable usage at a price consumers are happy with is sure to be the most popular with users in the future, all what remains now is to see who ends up offering the best.
Posted by Drefsab over 4 years ago
As a virgin customer the only reason I have their 50mbit line over say a 20mbit isnt the head line speed its the faster upload and lack of draconian traffic management policies.

I want to use my line when I want it not a fraction of a time a day. 50mbit means I can burst my usage when I need it and the rest of the month use not much at all. I will only switch for a significant upstream boost or to keep a clean connection.
Posted by chefbyte over 4 years ago
I have 4 Virgin green boxes surrounding me with the furthest away by 400 foot and am unable to get VM as I live on a small private road. So I am sat in the middle of a puddle and all the data is speeding past me, on my little capped in the evening ISP, as they do not want to invest bandwidth in my exchange. Its 5pm and I am already down to 478K. I feel that I have gone back 6 years to dial up
Posted by djfunkdup over 4 years ago
Posted by jrawle ......

there are no usage limits on the vm network above there 20mb pakage
Posted by djfunkdup over 4 years ago
package*.......;)

bring it on v/m....the future seams to be getting closer at a faster rate than i imagined....;)....10/10
Posted by smurf47328 over 4 years ago
it will only put avery small part of the UK with speeds up to other country`s.
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
About half the population is hardly a 'very smsll part'.
Posted by wigan over 4 years ago
"There is nothing we can't do with our fibre optic cable network,

Oh but there is, you can't get it to work in the Leigh, Warrington, & Wigan areas. Everytime you ring 150/151 the automated answer says "sorry but post code areas WN this & WA that we know you have a problem" then some guy/gal says 4 hrs. Even after a week 4hrs useless t****
Posted by uniquename over 4 years ago
@chefbyte

"Its 5pm and I am already down to 478K".

You should be asking in the "Which ISP?" forum for suggestions. There are plenty of ISPs available to you whose speed does not fall in the evening.
Posted by chefbyte over 4 years ago
@ uniquename I love the daytime speeds as I get an average of 7.6 every day, its just the evening speeds that are crippling. Plus I cannot change ISP for reasons I cannot disclose
Posted by otester over 4 years ago
Probably end up like this...

10Mb -> 20Mb
20Mb -> 50Mb
50Mb -> 100Mb

So the new 50Mb will be STM-ed by the sounds of it and the 100Mb will be unlimited.

Moving to a new property within VM coverage during the summer, I want to know that their will be a non-STM option by July otherwise I might have to get ADSL2+ instead :/

Also if anyone has any 50Mb experience/knowledge, is it actually unmetered (aka. Can I do a few TB's a month with no problem?)
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
quote"Can I do a few TB's a month with no problem?"

If its legal yes, though somehow when talking TBs of data i cant see how and thus the terms of any provider allow them to cut you off
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
No otester 20Mbit is going up to 50 and it's unlikely that 50 will go up to 100. If you pull a few TB a month you probably will have a problem in that you may be degrading the service in your area. Visiting Amazon and buying the stuff will use far less bandwidth.
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
*is not going up to 50 that was supposed to be. Swapping out over 500,000 modems to deliver a free upgrade probably isn't on Virgin's radar, nor swapping out over 40,000 Virgin provided home routers.
Posted by otester over 4 years ago
Most if not all C&W LLU providers offer unmetered 16Mbps (5.25TB) services for as low as £18.

I don't see why VM can't do this for £38 for 50Mbps, especially as they own the network.

@CB/Dixi

If the 'Big 4'/movie studios/BSA weren't going around suing people, screwing over artists, being greedy and overcharging then maybe I'd buy their stuff.

Until a viable 'what they call legal' alternative shows up, I shall only buy stuff from independent entities, or find other means to get what I want.
Posted by otester over 4 years ago
Also CB, downloading in england for personal use IS legal, just uploading isn't, so usenet FTW!

If the media cartels gave an all-you-can-eat service like usenet for £20 a month, I would sign up (with max speeds ofcourse). Usenet isn't as user friendly as many think, there currently is market demand for a faster, cleaner method.
Posted by otester over 4 years ago
For example, getting a HD movie:

Amazon - £20, day or two wait, need a Blu-Ray drive, limited user interface, can't skip when I want, have to watch stupid trailers/FACT stuff, can't copy.

Usenet - £20 a month, currently can get a full 1080p (10GB) movie in 105 minutes, assuming I had a 50Mbps connection, make that 25 minutes. No restrictions at all, with additional features extra.
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
Or just don't have the things at all if you object to artists being screwed over, that they are too expensive, too restricted, etc.

Anyway easy to drag all of this off topic so I'll shush here and leave you to continue trying to justify helping yourself to others' work for free.
Posted by docki over 4 years ago
@otester.

I've done 3TB on 50MB and they haven;t said anything but then again I have been told that they can't monitor it poroperly yet.

Also it's legal in the UK? Where does it say that? And since when? I'm interested to learn that.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
quote"Also CB, downloading in england for personal use IS legal"

Thats debatable but the comments are not a place for it...... As i said the terms from Virgin and many others do not allow you to download copyright material, you agree to the terms when you sign up so legal sense or not it doesnt matter they as i said have the right to cut you off if downloading copyright material.... Read the terms from as good as any ISP.
@docki

Sounds like they got me as a customer then.

Our government hasn't yet garnished the power to say that we can't do anything that they don't approve of (like in the PRC) [touchwood].

CPDA 1988 only says it is an offense to upload/distribute. It is legal, for the time being. With the DEB coming along though with Clause 17, the SoS could edit it to cover downloading as well, or worse...

@CB

VPN > DPI.
@Dixi

If artists stick a donate button on their site, I'll send them their dues.
Posted by cf492bcc over 4 years ago
@CARPETBURN

When you visit this site you download copyrighted material. Look at the footer. I assume thinkbroadband hold the necessary distribution rights though to allow for that. ;)

On-topic: It's all well and good VM offering this but they do not serve our area (which hosts thousands of households). So I must stick to ~1.5mbit max on DSL...
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
As i said read virgins terms, you are not being clever.....
QUOTE"4.1. You are prohibited from storing, distributing, transmitting or causing to be published any Prohibited Material through your use of the Services. Examples of "Prohibited Material" shall be determined by us (acting in our sole discretion)" <<< NOTE THEIR DISCRETION
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
4.2. For the avoidance of doubt, the storage upon and/or distribution over our systems by any User of "pirated" software, or any other materials that are not expressly licensed to the User, will constitute a violation of this section 4 of the AUP. "

What is legal and what isnt is irrelevant you agree to their terms, you break them you can be cut off....... NO IFs, NO BUTs. They can cut you off for whatever they deem fit.
@CB

All of that refers to uploading/storing upon THEIR system(s), says nothing about downloading.

Read carefully.
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
'distribution over our systems' seems to cover downloading.
Distribution...

"the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning"

[source:princeton.edu]
Posted by mikeblogs over 4 years ago
The higher the 'up to' speed claim, the more misleading it will be. 100Mbps exclusive to me truly unlimited implies a capacity of circa 32.8TB for a month.

The limit of the unlimited resources is defined by the peak hour allocation per user - which will be defined by the backhaul connectivity.

We might as well use the theoritical limits of Docsis3 which is 300 Mbps and the theoritical limits of copper which is 150Mbps - symmetric. Having estlished it means so little we could focus on campaigning for ISP planning rules to be pubished.
Posted by docki over 4 years ago
@otester.

Is that so? Someone seems to habe some clout otherwise Newzbin wouldn't be in court this month over piracy.. So someone somewhere seems to give a dam. If you look at the front of newzbin.com you'll see all the case in detail
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
quote"4.1.2. infringes or breaches any third party's intellectual property rights (which shall include, but not be limited to copyright, trade mark, design rights, trade secrets, patents, moral rights, paternity rights and performance rights) - this includes the use, distribution and/or copying of any material without the express consent of the owner"

You fail and this is terminated as you couldnt even be bothered to go read... Download a film or music you breach the copyright and breach the owners intellectual property rights.
Like i said you aint clever.
@docki

Like most usenet/torrent sites they are being a accused of distribution/helping it.

The question isn't the legality of downloading, it is the legality of linking to copyrighted files.

2 very different pies :)

@CB

Read the CDPA 1988.

I might not be clever, but I know the law biatch! lol j/k
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
Too bad you dont understand contract law.
Ill say it again you agree to Virgins terms, If you download copyright works without permission they have every right both morally and legally to eject you from the network.

Otester what you gonna do when they boot you appeal and take it to court with the defense of im allowed to download stuff i should be paying for...... Yeah good luck with that LMAO

Oh and dont call me names and if you want to continue this the forums are a better place, you will give more people a laugh then.
@CB

But their terms as you posted don't say that...

I'll be within a mile of the exchange, so 20Mb ADSL2+ will be fine if I am forced to leave for w/e reason.
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
Again - 'distribution over our systems' covers downloading'.

The network is part of their systems.
quote"@CB
But their terms as you posted don't say that..."
Sigh..."this includes the use, distribution and/or copying of any material without the express consent of the owner"

You download you are making a copy thus COPYING
You download you are using thus USE OF

Oh and move to any provider you wish they all have the right to kick your pirate bottom of their service they all have similar terms.

As to your CDPA act look up the amendments.
Oh and for the final time take it to the forum. You are wrong you know you are wrong so give it up. Seriously people are now laughing at you.
Posted by tazz_uk over 4 years ago
why dont they sort out their current customers slow speeds first!!!
Posted by djfunkdup over 4 years ago
no current slow speeds here..always....10/10....stop moaning...;)
@CB

Category D (cable T&C):

section f...

"Upload, post, publish or transmit any information or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights without the permission of its owner; "

Downloading is not covered here.
section g...

"Copy or distribute any software or services we and/or Virgin Media Entertainment provide (but you may make a back-up copy of the software we provide for your personal use); "

Refering to THEIR software/services.

I was not able to find your section "consent of the owner etc." in the cable T&C.

Also if your section is found somewhere, I am not breaking the law, the guy who is UPLOADING the COPY to me IS!
^^^^ Oh dear... <BIG YAWN>
Random and pointless....
This as suggested from the link is under their legal stuff section.
Even if all that wasnt there, read what you just typed.....
""Upload, post, publish OR TRANSMIT ANY information or software that is protected by copyright"
YOU DOWNLOAD YOU ARE TRANSMITTING
Again I repeat...
You dont read
You are not clever
Take this to the forum
Boring now ZZZzzz
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
Oh and before you say transmit doesnt = downloading (even though my other link destroys your theories).

Transmit.
–verb (used without object)
a signal by wire, radio, or television waves.

As in your request or signal through your connection to download your pirate SOFTWARE.
None of this is computing is it
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago

@CB
@Somerset

This seems really hard to understand for you guys.

Oxford dictionary:

"transmit

• verb (transmitted, transmitting) 1 cause to pass on from one place or person to another. 2 broadcast or send out (an electrical signal or a radio or television programme). 3 allow (heat, light, etc.) to pass through a medium. 4 communicate (an idea or emotion)."

Notice the words "to cause" and "allow", this means the UPLOADER is breaking the CDPA and VM's T&C, not me who is RECEIVING the file, the user who UPLOADs it to me is COPYING the file.
From the CDPA:

"Copyright in a work is infringed by a person who without the licence of the copyright owner transmits the work by means of a telecommunications system (otherwise than by broadcasting or inclusion in a cable programme service), knowing or having reason to believe that infringing copies of the work will be made by means of the reception of the transmission in the United Kingdom or elsewhere."

It is the UPLOAD/TRANSMITTER/DISTRIBUTOR that would violate the CDPA/VM's T&C.

In regards to your definition CB, I am not transmitting, I am receiving "a signal by wire" not TRANSMITTING.
Posted by wirelesspacman over 4 years ago
@CB
@Somerset

I think you really should just ignore this guy. By his own definition of "transmit" he is breaking the terms. If he is not of sufficient intelligence to realise that, then I would just leave him to live in his own perculiar version of reality.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
He certainly doesnt have sufficient intelligence to comprehend before you receive anything you have to send for it. He also doesnt comprehend thats irrelevant anyway as he would be breaking Virgins 4.1.2 term. He says he knows the law, but he doesnt even seem to comprehend simple words or contractual terms. Obviously doesnt realise what can be a criminal and what is a civil matter either. A lost cause, getting him to read or comprehend anything.
@CB/Somerset/wirelesspacman

If you disagree with the Oxford dictionary then I rest my case.

I have provided clear evidence on my part.

Also if you want direct confirmation, phone lawdit.
Posted by djfunkdup over 4 years ago
you really should get out more....;)
Posted by AndrueC over 4 years ago
@otester:It isn't about the law. It's about what VM say you should or shouldn't do. The only thing the law cares about is that contractual terms cannot be unfair or unreasonable.

So VM couldn't insist that you be naked while using their service because that's unreasonable but there's nothing unreasonable about them saying you shouldn't download copyright material without express permission of the holder.

Whether it's an illegal act or not isn't the issue. VM say you musn't do it and the law will consider that a reasonable and enforceable term of the contract.
Posted by AndrueC over 4 years ago
..cont'd. So it might not land you in jail but VM can use it as a reason to terminate your connection. Innocent of any crime..but deprived of 'net access.
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
'upon and/or distribution over our systems by any User'

otester - you are the user, you are arranging for the data to be distributed over the VM system.
@Somerset

In reference to "any user"..."distributing over our systems".

Downloading by definition is the opposite of distribution.
Posted by c_j_ over 4 years ago
"ISPs have you by the short and curlies should they want to. "

All sensible ISPs have anti-abuse clauses, but they also all know that many of their customers are breaking those rules. It's pointless individual ISPs doing much about it as the punters will just move to one that's not acted yet.

Readers might want to read about recent ACTA discussions, which started life as "anti counterfeiting" (ie physical counterfeiting) and now seem to have gained an "anti downloading" aspect and have revived "three strikes and you're out".
@themanstan

Actual transfer of data is breaching the T&C/CDPA.

The instruction is irrelevant and covered neither by VM's T&C or the CDPA.

Instructions haven't been copyrighted yet ;)
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
otester - you are transferring the data over the VM network. If someone gives you stolen goods are you receiving them?
@Somerset

I am not distributing it over their system.

That is what the T&C/CDPA refers to, everything else is irrelavent please keep this on topic, for reference; receiving the file does not break the T&C/CPDA.
Posted by cf492bcc over 4 years ago
As it turns out, the contents of this website have been unlawfully copied from elsewhere, and as a consequence of your downloading of this content, you are all now guilty of copyright infringement.

Legal proceedings have been initiated. Please contact your local copyright authority for a suitable punishment to be arranged, you despicable thieves.

That, or go and learn something (CB, Som, theman, ...)
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
Would you agree that you are requesting and arranging for the downloaded data to be temporarily stored in memory in VM's servers and routers on its way to you?

Certainly 'use any material without the express consent of the owner' covers downloading.
Posted by cf492bcc over 4 years ago
Somerset, you would be requesting data that may or may not be authorised for distribution by the lawful rights holder. That is the responsibility of the distributor and they are to be held liable for holding the necessary permissions.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
^^^ OH christ obviously it has a dupe account or something? Still can not comprehend terms and what Virgin do NOT want on their network.

Maybe it/they just do not know what the word 'USE' means.
Posted by dandvb over 4 years ago
Are these claims actually true? When I signed up to Virgin I was promised speeds of 5-6 mbps (not "up to" but actual).I have never received speeds exceeding 1 mbps. I know that this is due to my location but Virgin must have checked this before making the claim.
Posted by Ghozer over 4 years ago
@dandvb above

when they quote speeds for thier national (none cable) service, they are always only estimates as they use BT's existing network, and they can only go on what various speed checkers can tell them (and they are all only estimated) - there are also other factors that can affect your speed, such as your computer, other devices on your phone line, age/type of phone socket etc, take a look at some of the ADSL speed booster posts and guides on this site (and others) and give some of them a try..

Posted by Ghozer over 4 years ago

as for everything else.. :D

They won't be upgrading as said...
10 -> 20
20 -> 50
50 -> 100

they will be leaving all cusomers where they are, but will no longer be offering the 10mbps service for new customers, the smallest package will be the 20mbps..

All CURRENT customers will get a slight cost reduction, but 20mbps still wont be the price that 10mbps currently is.

Posted by Ghozer over 4 years ago
As for upload, I have been told (from a number if 'inside' sources) that they are concentrating more on upload speeds this year, and are looking at the possibility of evening out the uploads to the following..
10mbps -> 1mbps upload
20mbps -> 2mbps upload
50mbps -> 5mbps upload

Wether or not this is true, remains to be seen, but doing them at these figures makes perfect sence both for capability, capacity, cost and how simple it is to remember etc.
Posted by Ghozer over 4 years ago
(I hate how it said my comment was too long when I tried to post, hav ehad to do it in 4 lots :()

The 50mbps is not currently capped/STM'd, I pull over 10TB/month without problems... (Game patches, new steam games, HD streams, tvcatchup.com etc)
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
cf - if you have illegally held data you are responsible for the consequences.
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
Ghozer - I think we have a free chat forum which is probably more appropriate for your works of fiction.

Re: 10TB on streaming, etc, that pretty much sums up how seriously the rest of your posts should be taken.
Posted by Dixinormous over 4 years ago
Regarding the upload, those are indeed levels that have been mooted but nothing is set yet, depends on a few things. Some hatchet jobs have been done on budgets recently, we'll see what those do to things.
Posted by Tony_the_Turner over 4 years ago
It's all very well Virgin offering this service but what about those who can't get Virgin's cable? We have a Virgin (ex NTL) trunking down our road. We have a junction box outside our house but Virgin either don't know or don't want to know. I have been trying for almost 10 years to get them to accept that the service trunking is there but they seem to have deaf ears. Even emails to "Old Beardy" go ignored. C'est la vie.
Posted by uklad77 over 4 years ago
@Tony_the_Turner. You might want to read this: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Want-Cable-been-told-it-s-not-available-We-might-be-able-to-help/td-p/20585

It may help you get cable
@Ghozer

You tried usenet?

@Somerset

It's not illegal, what you think/want is the law and what is the law are two, VERY different things.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
^^^ My god will you please just shut up, half a dozen people have tried to educate you, but you are uneducatable.
Posted by Ghozer over 4 years ago
@Dixinormous - it isn't just streaming, was using that as an example, and I only watch streamed stuff such ad iPlayer etc, in HD, then you have games that are 6Gb or more each, and I repair machines for friends and family etc so I'm almost always running windows updates on one machine or another.. I do a hell of a lot of syncing to and from business machines also.. It all adds up and without usenet or torrent I clocked 9.8TB in 32 days, I was only rounding up to 10Tb :)
@CB

More people doesn't make it right, it just decreases the probabilty of them all being wrong.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
^^^ Agreed so using that logic the probability is very high you are wrong, add in the lack of comprehension and it makes it as good as definate you are wrong. Learn to accept it.
@CB

Assumptions are the mother off all ****-ups.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 4 years ago
^^^ Says the person with more assumptions in this thread than any.
Posted by Somerset over 4 years ago
otester - as it's actually illegal to copy a CD what makes you think downloading copyright material is OK?

Please continue this in a forum.
Posted by Raspyyeti over 4 years ago
Cable Vision's Optimum Online Ultra uses the tech as virgin offers speeds up to 101 Mbps downstream and up to 15 Mbps upstream!
Posted by Raspyyeti over 4 years ago
Posted by sylvantos over 4 years ago
nothing you cant do? then give us the same speed up 50mb you tight wads, we pay ridiculous prices for the worst upload speeds in europe!!
Posted by sylvantos over 4 years ago
was meant to read then give us the 50mb upload speed, such as we pay for the 50mb download service. Right now our upload speed is laughable just laughable. 50mb , we should have a minimum at the very very least of 5mb up but nope we barely get 1.5mb. Most online tv streaming using p2p technology where you upload speed absolutely matters, the faster the better!
Posted by farscapes over 4 years ago
so virgin will up there broadband speeds? whoopy doo
there doing enough capping?

whats the point in giving you 10mg 20mg so on if there only going to cut you down to 3mg for four hours at a time if you've download 320mg worth of files? during there peak time hell no
they managed up until now.

am i getting my moneys worth? i think not rubbish rules i never agreed too thanks to virgin.

hope they like loosoing custom?
simon