BT home and mobile broadband bundle
Monday 27 April 2009 17:12:12 by John Hunt

BT have today announced a mobile and home broadband package that they claim is the cheapest such package available. From £15.65 a month, users can opt for BT Option 1 home broadband with 10GB monthly usage and 1GB of mobile broadband usage. The product also includes 250 minutes a month of Wi-Fi usage that can be used at BT Openzone hotspots, such as the newly announced arrangement at Starbucks. The package includes a BT Home Hub (although the phone is not included) and also a USB dongle for £49.99. All in, it works out at £308.08 over the 18month period for the base BT Option 1.

BT Option 1 BT Option 2 BT Option 3
First 3 Months Offer £7.78 £13.69 £18.59
Monthly Cost £15.65 £20.54 £24.46
USB Modem Cost £49.99 £49.99 £9.99
Contract 18 months 18 months 18 months
Home Usage 10GB 20GB Unlimited
Mobile Usage 1GB 1GB 1GB
Wi-Fi Minutes 250 350 Unlimited
18 Month Total £308.08 £399.16 £472.66

Mobile broadband speeds are up to 7.2Mbps in areas where HSDPA coverage is available. Any unused usage cannot be carried over to the next month. Additional data is available at £10 per GB or £20 for 3GB.

A 1GB standalone mobile broadband option is also available which gives 18months with 1GB usage a month for an upfront cost for £129.99, and includes the cost of the dongle. Further details are available on the BT product pages.

Comments

Posted by ethicalme over 7 years ago
Bt may think they're clever but they're not! If you have your own domain names forget about sending anything using bt. It can be done if you want all your details logged on their yahoo link up up. I don't trust yahoo too much either for that matter. One word sums them up CRAP!
Posted by ethicalme over 7 years ago
Further you can do better at places where the cloud are available because at least they gave me a smtp address to send my emails and they are fabulous!
Posted by the_dean over 7 years ago
What a random rant.
Posted by blaven over 7 years ago
Is this for new customers only? The BT website is not at all clear. Seems a decent deal otherwise.
Posted by john (Favicon staff member) over 7 years ago
blaven, from what I read I took it to be new customers only. Existing customers may be able to get it if you sign into a new 18 month contract and pay for the dongle however.
Posted by blaven over 7 years ago
Yeah, cheers John, I phoned BT and a very nice fella told me to wait a month so that I'd be withing 3 months of my contract renewal. They'd then be able to give me the dongle for £10. If I wanted to go ahead now it'd be £129 for existing customers.
Posted by duncank over 7 years ago
FWIW I see this is the Vodaphone network. I've been using that and also BT Option 3 landline with my domain name without problems using Thunderbird and, once an authentication problem was resolved, Turnpike.

On the other hand the BT coverage map for an area I use a lot is the Vodaphone one and shows 3G for my location and 100 yards beyond but I've failed to get more than GPRS there - borders are, not unnaturally, borderline.

Sadly, I signed up with BT in February on an 18 month contract!

Posted by Pigmaster over 7 years ago
I think this is a good deal. I havde been thinking of getting MBB with 3, but this offer is better and it includes WiFi mins etc.

I rang BT Broadband sales who said that they know nothing of this, even when we went through the BT site together and then she see's the details she then informs me that even though they are there the product is not avaible and is a mistake on the website.
Posted by Pigmaster over 7 years ago
I then tried live web chat to be told that the product is available and to ring BT Broadband sales, so I re-ring only to be told the same.

I wish BT would all sing from the same hymn sheet as all this fussing arounds starts to put you off.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 7 years ago
quote"...that they claim is the cheapest such package available."

Typical BT, dont see how it can be the cheapest with an 18 month tie in.
Posted by Pigmaster over 7 years ago
Carpetburn, I am serious about getting MBB and if you think there is a better/cheaper Home Broadband Product that comes with Free Mobile Broadband could you please let me know so I can follow it up please.
Posted by comnut over 7 years ago
well there are a lot of sites to choose from...

google for "mobile broadband bundle"

But it is not simple, juggling prices, speeds, contracts, d/l limits, availability, provider, etc, etc.....